Chapter 44

I saw Naomi walking over to quickly talk with me and I saw Mariko from behind her.

"Mariko? What are you doing here?!"

Naomi looked over at me and her. "Well, you have a visitor. She snuck in here apparently and when I caught her, she refused to leave until she saw you."

I sighed. "Damnit Mariko , why did you sneak out of the hospital again?"

"Sorry, but my clan can usually sense when the people we care about are distressed. I sensed that you were distressed so I rushed over here and I did see you get poisoned, so you need to get that checked out." She replied.

I freaked out when I realized I had forgotten about the poison.

"Hana, stop moving or it's going to spread throughout your body!" Naomi hissed.

I stopped and immediately regretted it. I collapsed and started to feel like I couldn't breathe.

Mariko started panicking and some people rushed to my side. I couldn't see who they were though because my vision was starting to blurry and my consciousness was starting to slip. I also felt like hurling, but I couldn't.

I could distinctly see that the people who had rushed over to me where ANBU. They immediately counteracted the poison by stabbing a syringe into my arm. I felt myself going back to normal and I threw up from the poison.

Obito, Rin, and Kakashi were standing behind the ANBU who had helped me and Mariko was on the other with Naomi.

Great, now everyone saw me throw up. A janitor came by to clean it up and I felt bad for him. The ANBU left after I thanked them and escorted Mariko out of the arena so she could go back to the hospital.

In the blink of an eye, everything started clearing up and I was regaining my senses again. I sit up slowly, looking around. Obito, Rin, and Kakashi were on one side while Mariko was on the other. The ANBU left after telling me they used an antidote to counter it quickly.

"Are you alright?" Obito asked me immeditely.

"Yes, I am now. I probably should've went to the ANBU first for help instead of freaking out," I laughed sheepishly.

Kakashi nodded in agreement. "Yeah, don't move around like that when you have poison inside of you,"

Rin handed me some ointment to soothe the burns on my skin and we walked over to our spot again.

The next match was Obito and Guy.

Guy walked down to the battlefield and I gave a worried look to Obito.

"Obito-"

"Don't worry about me, Hana,"

He gave me a confident smirk and walked down to the battlefield.

Rin and I exchanged nervous glances.

Kakashi didn't seem to care.

"I don't want you to take this personal, Obito," Guy said to him.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Obito replied.

Inoichi gave them their cue to start. Guy unwrapped bandages from his hand and Kakashi looked surprised at what he was doing. I didn't get it, because I never knew what his true strengths were.

"First Gate of Opening!" He exclaims as a boost of chakra flowed through him.

"What is he doing?" I ask curiously.

"This is his way of gaining more strength, I don't know much about it right now. There are eight of these 'gates' though" Kakashi answered me.

"I don't know what you're doing, but you're not going to beat me, the future Hokage!" Obito exclaimed.