Chapter 23

The next day, I went to the area where we weres supposed to meet up. Obito was actually early to my surprise, Rin was on her way, and Kakashi showed up.

Kakashi couldn't look me in the eyes and didn't say anything. I couldn't look at him either, especially after last night. I still got shy around him.

Obito rose an eyebrow and looked at the both of us, a little suspicious. 

Rin was here now and she greeted us.

"Morning guys!" She smiled. "And I'm glad you're early this time, Obito,"

Obito's face turned pink when she smiled, causing me to roll my eyes. 

Satoru, the guy who had given me my headband, Raiden, and Choza Akimichi were here once all of the genin were on the training ground. 

Raiden's sharp cobalt stare scanned us and gave us a look as if he was trying to intimidate us. 

"For those of you who don't know me, I'm Raiden. I'm your next proctor," He introduces. "You guys will be going into the Forest of Death today for the next part of the exam,"

"What?! Forest of Death?! Someone shouted.

Raiden grinned, almost sadistically.

"Yes," He said. "You have five days to get out. In the real world, you may have to carry some crucial information that you cannot look at to another village. Sometimes, that information could get you killed,"

"Five days?!" I exclaimed.

He now sighed because of how many outbursts there were. Choza took over on explaining what was going to happen.

"Your team will start out with one scroll and you will have to try and obtain the other scroll from a different team because you need both, the heaven and earth scroll to pass. If you have a heaven scroll, you have to try and get an earth scroll and vice versa." 

Satoru and Raiden handed out scrolls to every team while Choza prepared to unlock the gates. Our team had an earth scroll and we just needed to find a heaven scroll.

With that, Choza unlocked the gates and now it was time to start the second part of the exam.

We walked in and looked around, debating on where to go.

 A boy who wore sunglasses walked by and we both made eye contact. He was familiar to me and I couldn't figure out why. He even looked just as confused as I was. I think I may have seen him in the Cloud Village, but I just can't remember what his name is. 

"Hana, let's go," Rin's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. 

"Right, sorry," I said and started following Kakashi's lead.

I jumped when I heard the gates slamming shut.

"Jesus, that was loud," I remarked. 

Rin just nodded in agreement with me. 

Okay, I just need to get through this, and then I can learn that new jutsu from Uncle Minato. This shouldn't be too hard. 

Kakashi decided that he would lead the way, but that didn't fly well with Obito. He wanted to be in the lead instead, so they started bickering. Rin stepped in to stop the bickering and then we all settled on Kakashi being our leader.

As we followed him, a random group of ninjas from the Stone Village attempted to ambush us, but they failed because Kakashi was one step ahead of them. 

We walked around for what felt like hours and I needed to take a break. 

"Let's take a break," I suggested.