Chapter 17

The blood transfusion was finished and my wounds started healing quickly again. What the hell? 

Even the nurse seemed surprised. She just checked everything and put a little bandage over where the needle went in my skin. After that, she said I could go, but I should just be careful so I don't accidentally open something up or anything.

I was back in my ninja attire and it felt nice to be in my regular clothes again.

We walked out of the clinic and I was practically bursting with energy. Mariko was out of her adult form and she was now on Kakashi's back since he didn't let me carry her since he said I need to relax.

I was walking excitedly towards the dark mist area, and Kakashi stopped me. "Not so fast, Hana,"

"What?" I turned around.

"Remember, you're supposed to take it easy. We're taking an Inn for the night," He replied.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes, and he led the way towards the Inn.

"We need two rooms," Kakashi said to the innkeeper. 

He looked apologetic, "We only have one room open at the moment. We can put another bed in the room though."

"That works," Kakashi said and he handed Kakashi a room key after writing stuff down.

"Enjoy your stay. There's also some hot springs in the back if you want to relax." 

I perked up hearing the word 'hot springs'. Kakashi started walking towards our room and unlocked it. Mariko jumped off his back and went to one of the beds near the window. I decided I wanted to go to the hot springs, but Kakashi kept saying no. He took a lot of convincing and eventually he gave in. 

Mariko and I were now sitting in the hot springs for women and she finally looked relaxed for once. I was lost in my thoughts about the entire situation, Kazuki's attitude, and where Naomi is. I hope she's okay. 

My thoughts then went back to Kazuki and I decided I'd get some information.

"Mariko?" 

She looked at me.

"So, I wanted to ask you," I started. "Who is Kazuki exactly?"

"He's my father. When we were at home, I was walking to my room and he suddenly told me that if I wanted my illness to heal, then I should follow him," She explained.

"Sorry if this is intrusive, but what is your illness?" I ask.

"I have heart valve problems. My father told me he knew of someone who could fix it and I thought it was you for a moment because he briefly mentioned trying to find someone with long, red hair," she said.

I rose an eyebrow. I think I need to keep an eye on Kazuki.

I sunk lower in the hot spring, enjoying the warmth and looked at Mariko. 

"Didn't he say something about a 'Slug Queen'" I ask.

She nods.

"I'll help you find this woman, Mariko. I don't care if we're from different villages, I'll make sure you find her and that's a promise," I said and she looked surprised. "Just know, if I'm going to help you, you have to tell me everything because if there's any critical information, it could be the key to healing and keeping you safe,"

"That's all I know. Father never tells me anything," she said. "He just told me that if I wanted to be healed, I'd have to follow him and not ask any questions,"

Now Kazuki sounds more suspicious.

"Okay, well, for now, let's just relax. We both need to heal," I said.