Chapter 2 *EDITED*

"Hey look, there's the cafe!" I pointed to the newly built cafe.

We walked inside and Obito looked around. "This is it? There's so many cats in here,"

"Well yeah, it's a cat cafe," I replied. "You get to have your drinks or your food with the cats,"

"And the owner even lets you adopt one of the cats too," Kurenai added.

He looked around as we took our orders and the lady gave us a polite smile as she handed our drinks to us. Obito chose the seats near the windows, so we sat there.

A calico cat jumped onto my lap when I sat down on the chair and I immediately started smiling as I pet her.

"You're so cute," I said to the cat.

I checked the collar for her name and it was Yuki.

"Uh, Hana?"

I looked up and saw Obito looking at me.

Kurenai laughed at how confused I was. "He was trying to get your attention,"

"Sorry," I chuckled. "Little Yuki stole my heart for a second,"

"I was trying to ask you about the exam tomorrow," He said.

"Oh, what about it?"

"Are you nervous? I was training like crazy to prepare for it," He asked.

I nodded. "I am, but I've been getting training at home to be ready for it. My uncle helped me prepare too,"

"I've been dreading it, but I've been uh...getting help from a friend of mine," Kurenai added as her cheeks started turning into a rosy color.

"Anko?" I rose an eyebrow at her.

She shook her head. "No, my other friend. He's been helping me with the transformation technique,"

I started giving her a sly grin, but I didn't want to start talking about that in front of Obito. Not only would that be embarrassing for her, I knew Obito would not want to hear about that.

"I see," I replied. "I'm sure we'll all do great tomorrow though,"

Kurenai checked the time and picked up the mug off the table. "I gotta go, I forgot I told my mom that I'd help her prepare for dinner tonight."

"Okay, see you tomorrow," I said to her.

Obito waved at her as she left and Yuki jumped back onto my lap.

"That cat hasn't left your side since we've been here," Obito remarked.

"I think her and I have a special bond now," I smiled as I pet her again.

"How do you know it's a girl?"

"Calico cats are always female, it's rare if there's a male calico," I answered.

"I didn't know that," Obito said, jumping a bit when a cat jumped on the chair next to him.

He looked at the cat and tried to pet it, but it hissed at him and jumped away. He looked annoyed. "See? I told you I'm not much of a cat person. That cat didn't even like me,"

"That cat probably doesn't like anyone," I shrugged. "Some cats are weird like that,"

As we talked, I started noticing that he wouldn't stop looking out the window. I rose an eyebrow and turned to see where he was looking and I realized he was staring at Rin Nohara.

I rolled my eyes when I could tell he lost interest in talking to me to stare at her.

"I wonder if Rin would like this place," He wondered outloud.