Chapter 61

Now we were inside of the cave. The other Stone ninja heard us and had his hand on Rin's head. He stood up muttering under his breath and faced us. Obito focused on Rin's unconscious form.

"Rin's chakra has been disturbed," He remarked. "It's flowing in patterns different from ours,"

"She's probably under a genjutsu. They didn't want to waste any time getting information out of her," Kakashi replied.

"It seems that these three are more than mere brats after all," The Stone ninja smirks.

"He's quick," Kakashi warned. "We fought earlier, so be careful,"

"Gotcha," Obito said.

He launched an attack on us by sliding two blades out of his sleeves and attempted to cut us with it. Obito and I both countered it by using a kunai and Kakashi used his blade from his father.

When the guy thought he had Obito concerned, he tried to finish him off and Obito was able to hold him down using his legs. Kakashi slashed his chest with his white light blade and I used my rasengan to deliver the finishing blow.

After that, we ran towards Rin.

Kakashi released the genjutsu and she woke up, staring at us with shock.

"Kakashi, Obito, Hana,"

"We came here to rescue you, so you're going to be just fine now," Obito said as I helped her up.

"You know," The enemy said. "You three make a good team, but you're still just brats. Remember, you're standing in the palm of your enemy now,"

I quickly turned around as he weaved hand signs.

"Earth style, rock breaker!"

The rocks around us started to collapse and I felt my heart starting to race.

"This is bad!" Obito shouted.

"Run for the exit!" Kakashi exclaimed.

The four of ran as the cave collasped behind us. One of the rocks hit Kakashi on the head, causing him to fall.

"Kakashi!" Rin cried out.

Obito turned around to grab him and quickly threw him so he wouldn't get crushed.

I gasped, realizing what was going to happen.

"Obito, quick! Grab my hand!" I shouted.

I reached for his hand and he reached for mine, but the rocks finally collapsed around us and I fell back from the impact.

I sat up slowly, seeing Rin and Kakashi lying next to me.

"Are you guys alright?" Obito asked weakly.

I turned around and my heart stopped.

Half of his body was crushed by the rock. I wasn't able to reach out to him in time...

Kakashi gasped and Rin's eyes widened in horror. I rushed over to the boulder and Kakashi rushed with me to help.

"Damnit, move!" I shouted, my vision starting to get misty.

I was shaking as I tried to push it off of him.

"No don't. It's okay guys," Obito stopped us. "I don't...I don't think I'm going to make it,"

Kakashi ignored him and continued trying to make it move. I threw my body against it and it still wouldn't budge.

"Shut up, don't talk like that Obito," I retorted, my voice starting to waver.