Chapter 40

A few hours had passed and I was super tired. I could feel my eyes watering from how tired I was and I kept yawning, causing Guy to yawn because yawns are contagious.

I was also a bit spaced out from being tired, but I was still on guard because I wanted to make sure I'd be prepared for an enemy attacking us.

"We're here!" Kushina exclaimed, making me jump a little.

King Satoru gave us a smile. "I cannot express how thankful I am for you five escorting us over here and protecting us from those criminals,"

He then looked over at Ryota. "Are you ready?"

Ryota put a hand up as if he was telling his father to wait and walked over to me.

He put my hand into his and kissed it, then looked up at me with hopeful eyes. "Hana, I want to ask you again, will you come with me? You can be the queen after it's my time to take over the throne,"

I blushed from embarrassment because everyone was staring. His father just sighed and muttered something about how he should be focused on his duties rather than women right now. Before I could say anything, Obito spoke up first.

He pulled me away from Ryota and held onto it as if he was being protective. "She's a kunoichi of the Leaf Village and plans to stay as one. She isn't going with you and besides, why should she come with you when she barely knows you?"

He was tensing and I could feel it because his hold on my wrist was tighter. Kushina didn't intervene and just watched this, smirking.

Ryota rolled his eyes. "I think we should let her speak for herself,"

Ryota and Obito were both looking at me expectantly.

"Well?" Ryota pressed.

"Sorry, but Obito is right," I started, making Ryota huff. "I've wanted to be a ninja since I was a little girl. I'm going to become Hokage one day and I'm not going to throw my dream away just like that,"

Obito's hold on me relaxed and I could feel the heat radiating off my cheeks because he was still holding onto me.

Ryota scoffed and walked over to Satoru's side. "It was worth a try."

I started to feel awkward and we said our goodbyes. We watched them walk into the huge assembly hall and I was staring at the hall with wonder, wondering what it looks like in there. 

After they were inside, we turned around to start walking back home. Obito walked next to me, but he couldn't look me in the eye. When Aunt Kushina and the others were out of earshot, I looked over at him with a small smile on my face.

"So," I said. "Looks like someone got jealous,"

Obito looked over at me, his cheeks starting to turn into a rose color. "I was not! I didn't like how creepy he was being and that's it!"

He looked away quickly and I continued to smile, feeling this warm sensation inside of me.

"I wouldn't have gone with him y'know," I said. "I don't want to be a part of a royal family and plus, Ryota isn't my type either,"

"W-Well I just needed to make sure he knew that," Obito retorted defensively. 

Was Kurenai right? Was I starting to fall for him? Although, that still doesn't explain the feeling I had around Kakashi, because I felt something towards Kakashi as well.

"U-Uh, do you have an answer on the festival thing?" Obito asked shyly.

Oh no, I wasn't ready to answer that question just yet. I was still stuck on whether I should go with Kakashi or Obito. It was hard making a choice right now because I don't want to upset either of them.