Chapter 28

After finding the secluded spot, we settled there for the night. Rin and I were setting up the tent, Kakashi went to go find food, and Obito stayed with us to help if we needed it and to keep a lookout. 

I sat down in front of the tent once we were finished and got lost in my thoughts again.

My mind kept replaying the day I met Rentaro. The way he held me by the neck and the way Mariko screamed out my name for me to help her while Yukio had me pinned to the floor. I grew angry because I couldn't get over how weak I was back then. Rentaro's smirk was forever burnt into my memories.

"Hana? What's wrong?" Obito asked me and sat down next to me.

I shut my eyes and opened them after letting a breath out.

"Nothing," I said. 

I didn't want to admit that Rentaro and Yukio had broken my pride as a ninja. 

"Don't lie to me," Obito said and took me by surprise. "It's not 'nothing'. You're bothered by something and you even pushed me away and didn't tell me that some 'anonymous' person was threatening you,"

"What? You knew about that?" I asked, looking at him with shock.

"Yeah, I did. Remember when I was upset the day I helped you move in with Minato-Sensei?" Obito asks.

I nodded.

"I found out because the drawer to your nightstand fell out when I moved it and the note fell out. You should've told me about it and I could've helped you. Not only that, Satoshi-" He cut himself off and stayed quiet.

I looked at him, feeling my heart pounding with anticipation.

"Satoshi what?"

He looked away and muttered something.

"Obito, speak up," 

His cheeks turned into a rose color and he looked in my direction, but couldn't look me in the eyes.

"He...He made me jealous..."

I didn't know what to say, but I felt a small smile starting to form on my face. Obito continued talking since I was quiet.

"I was...I was going to ask you something and you kept giving him your attention whenever he was around you," once he finished that sentence, his face turned into a brighter shade of red color.

He was blushing.

Over me!

I hid the smile that was on my face.

"W-What did you want to ask me that day?" 

"D-Do you want to go..." He paused, getting nervous. "Go to the Cherry Blossom festival with me?"

My cheeks were now starting to turn into that rose shade. I was happy that he asked me, but I didn't know what to tell him because Kakashi had already asked me to go. and I didn't even give him an answer either. 

What was I supposed to do right now?

Obito was staring at me now and we both started to lean in. 

He suddenly stopped and quickly stood up.

"Um, okay. Just let me know when you can," 

He walked over by the fire and now my thoughts were no longer on Kuroshi, Nozomi, or Rentaro. They were now focused on what I should tell Obito and Kakashi. They asked me the same question and I don't even know who I want to go with.

Choosing between the two of them was like choosing what brand of water I should get. 

There was no doubt I was attracted to Kakashi and now I'm starting to feel the same way towards Obito. This isn't good.