Chapter 42

This chapter will be longer, as an apology for getting the last one out late. I'll at least go to 2000 words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sleeping peacefully until my stupid alarm clock decided to start beeping at six in the morning.

I groaned and opened my eyes to glare at the evil demon in front of me. "Stupid time,"

I tried to go back to sleep, but then my eyes landed on my calendar from across the room. I widened my eyes and quickly sat up.

Oh no! I almost forgot that today is the Chunin Exams! I'll be late!

I threw the covers off and tried to rush over to my closet. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that my foot was caught in the comforter and I fell forward, making a huge crashing sound.

"Damnit!" I yelled and the door opened.

"Hana?" I heard Kushina ask. "Are you alright?"

My light turned on and Kushina was probably confused. I was lying down and had my face on my floor with a comforter wrapped around my ankles. I probably looked stupid right now.

"Yeah," I replied and sat up. "I realized I almost went back to sleep and forgot that the Chunin Exams are today,"

I put the comforter back on my bed and she nodded. "Okay, I'll go make you some breakfast. You can't compete on an empty stomach,"

She closed the door behind her and I grabbed my ninja clothes and then went to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth.

I brushed my hair and tried to tie up, but every time I put it up the ponytail would never look right.

I gave up on trying to tie it up and just let it down for today. This was probably the first time in a long time that I ever wore my hair down.

I was nervous because I remembered that people from different nations would be watching today. I can't humiliate myself, especially when I'm going against Nozomi.

I exited the bathroom and I saw Minato at the couch, looking really stressed out. He had dark circles, his hair was a mess, and he had his jaw clenched as he read over some papers.

"Uncle?" I ask walking over to the table. "Is everything okay?"

He looked up and gave me a smile, but it wasn't real. "Yeah, everything is fine,"

I wasn't convinced, but I didn't press any further since he's not telling me right now.

"Okay," I nodded. "Where do I meet Obito, Rin, and Kakashi?"

"Meet them at the academy to get signed up and then Kakashi will show you where to go from there," Minato said.

Kushina set the food down and Minato walked over to eat because she insisted that he eats with us.

"Are you excited, Hana? If you win, you'll become chunin," She said.

I was excited and nervous at the same time.

"Kind of," I replied and took a bite of my breakfast. "I'm also very nervous because I can't lose against Nozomi,"

Kushina looked a little worried. "Oh, well I'm sure you'll do just fine. Minato told me about your training and it sounds like you've improved. Also, just be very careful with her,"

I didn't reply and just ate my food.

She looked over at Minato, who was still lost in his own world. "Minato? Why are you so quiet? Is something going on?"