Apoligizing

3rd person

Tommy was never one to apologize. He never saw the point in apologizing unless he actually felt guilty.
He could count on his fingers the amount of times he had said the word sorry.

His friends knew he didn't like apologizing either, it confused them too. Tommy was such a kind person, so you would think he would apologize for the smallest things.
That wasn't the case.
One day Wilbur decided to ask Tommy,
"Tommy, why don't you ever apologize to anyone. You barley do anything wrong, but when you do, you never apologize. Why is that?" Wilbur asked.
Tommy laughed,
"Apologizing is them dumbest thing to human kind Wilbur. It's useless," Tommy said.
Wilbur quirked an eyebrow,
"How is that?"
"Well, let's say you break a plate. You can try to put it back together. Gluing it in the end, but now a huge crack is left in the plate. It's not what it used to be,"
"What are you getting at," Wilbur said.
"Nobody wants a meaningless apology Wilbur. If I were to say I'm sorry, I would have to mean it. I don't want anyone to believe I feel empathy for them,"
Tommy then walked away, into his ugly dirt house.
Wilbur chuckled, he knew that kid was smart.

Mistakes came and went for Tommy. Never ending in him apologizing, leaving his friends a little upset.
But there was a time where the whole SMP heard Tommy say the words I'm sorry. And it wasn't the right moment to make a big deal about it.
It was the day of the festival, Tommy seemed to be uninterested except for Tubbo's speech. Tommy hadn't said a word to Wilbur in weeks. They weren't on the best terms right now. Not after their fight.
Leaving Tommy with a bruise on his eye, and a piece of his heart broke from Wilbur's mean words.
Yes Wilbur apologized, but Tommy could see he didn't mean it. Nobody means those words anymore.
So Tommy's focus was on Tubbo and Tubbo only, despite feeling Wilbur look over at him once in a while.

Tubbo ended up doing a great speech. Even Schlatt seemed impressed with the speech, but that didn't make up for what he caused next. He boxed Tubbo in, leaving him trapped. Tommy looked over at Wilbur, panic in his eyes were noticeable.
"Don't worry, Techno is on our side," Wilbur reassured.
That didn't calm Tommy's nerves one bit after seeing the fear in Tubbo's eyes when he looked over at Tommy.
He offered a weak smile, but he knew what it meant. He didn't think he was gonna make it.

Without hesitating, Tommy threw himself off the roof and pearled over to Tubbo, hoping he could stop what was to come.
But nothing went his way anymore, because his best friend was laying in his arms, on his final breaths.
"Tubbo, please don't leave me man. I need you!" Tommy had tears rubbing down his face. Tubbo focused his eyes on Tommy,
"I'm sorry Toms, I-I can't stay here forever. This is it," Tubbo said with his eyes rolling to the back of his head but, he kept shaking his head to stay awake. Tommy understood then; his best friend was gonna die.

"It's okay Tubzo, you can rest now," Tommy said hiccuping afterwards.
Tubbo nodded closing his eyes. Tommy hugged him closer to his body whispering his last words to his best friend.
"I'm sorry I couldn't save you. I'm sorry," Tommy said, with his voice cracking. Tubbo smiled,
"I love you Tommy," (PLATONIC) was the last thing Tommy heard before his best friend's breathing stopped, forever.
But he stayed there, repeating apologies over and over again.
He didn't care about anything else. He didn't care about Techno trying to pry him away from Tubbo, but failed.
He didn't care about Wilbur trying to bring him out of his panic attack.
He didn't care when his life was threatened by Schlatt.
He didn't care when he stabbed Schlatt's eye out.
He didn't care when he left a scar on Techno's arm.
He didn't care when he went home without a word spoken to anyone, heading straight to his room.

Tommy felt like Tubbo's death was his fault, and now he's dead.
Sobs rang through the ravine in the middle of the night, hurting both of the brother's heart to see Tommy like this.
Wilbur felt absolutely terrible for the kid. He was kept away from his best friend for months and then had it witness his death.
Techno knew it was his fault Tubbo died, and for the first time in a while, he felt guilty for killing someone. He deserved the scar that was given to him.