Chapter 6

Tw for this chapter: Past Abuse, self harm, vaping, panic attack

"What do you mean you can't just adopt him?" Wilbur asks, Phil looks at Wilbur asking with his eyes if he's being serious. "You have your adoptive license. You obviously have enough money to take care of another kid forever so why don't you?"

"Wilbur, we just met him. More importantly, he just met us. I know that he trusts us some what, but he doesn't trust us fully. It took us two years to grow a bond and we trusted each other enough for us to get to the point where I even suggested adoption." Phil reminded Wilbur and he nodded.

~~~

It was Christmas, Techno, Wilbur and Phil all sat around the Christmas tree. Techno was holding up a sweater that he had just pulled from a box, it was the right kind of fabric that wouldn't bother his skin.

"Thank you Phil." Techno smiled. Phil nodded and took a deep breath.

"I have one more thing for the both of you, I want you to open it at the same time." Phil smiles, handing them each a small box. They each grab them and begin to tear off the wrapping. Wilbur, being more messy than Techno, got inside of the box first.

It was a stack of papers, at the top stating that these were adoption papers. Wilbur felt tears flood his eyes and turned to look at Techno, who had just opened the box. He watched as Techno also began to tear up, and he looked up to lock eyes with Wilbur before both of them turning to Phil.

"You guys can of course take time to think about it, you don't have to have an answer today." Phil tells them. Wilbur jumped forward and hugged Phil. Phil was taken aback but hugged him anyway.

"Of course I'm saying yes." Wilbur says, well more like half sobbed.

"Oh Wil." Phil coos at the fact that he was crying. Phil looked at Techno who was still sitting where he was. "Techno are you alright?"

"You are a crazy old man if you think I'm saying no." Techno laughs and Phil smiled.

~~~

Months later the three of them were walking out of the courthouse, as soon as all the paper work finished filing and it lined up with the state, it would be known that Phil was forever their father. Techno and Wilbur were smiling, ear to ear.

Wilbur had waited for this moment for years, ever since he was put into the system. He was waiting for someone to care about him and parent him, and be there for him.

Techno had wished for this moment for years, but had a voice in his head told him it would never happen because he would never be enough.

This is when they realized how bad his anxiety was, that even after he was adopted he thought he would be kicked out. He thought that one day he might fuck up so much that Phil would take back what he did. That Phil wouldn't see him as enough anymore, putting him back into the system that broke him.

It was soon after Techno started seeing Dr. Simon. And a month later Wilbur started seeing him too, seeing how it helped Techno. Now Techno was still going on a weekly basis, Wilbur going just about once every two months.

~~~

At this point Techno was on meds, Wilbur was not.

Wilbur, who was diagnosed with ptsd and adhd, didn't like how they felt and how it made him feel like he didn't have any emotion.

Techno, who was diagnosed with ptsd, and general anxiety, was on meds for his anxiety. It helped a lot and he generally felt better. That and therapy helps.