Chapter 62

Tw for this chapter: Mention of past abuse, mention of past suicide attempts, mention of suicide watch, mention of tattoo guns and needles, scars

Half way through February Phil got a very important call that had everyone in the house excited. They finally, finally, finally had a court date for Tommy's adoption.

It was set for the 20th, only a week away.

Part of the reason why it took longer to get a date for it, longer than Wilbur and Techno's in comparison, was the whole 'Tommy removed from the house for a week' that along with his trip to the mental ward.

But now, now he was getting adopted finally! Even if it was going to be terrifying and scary and just a whole bunch of anxiety wrapped into one day it was going to be okay. And Tommy was happy for it.

Plus Tommy got to spend almost a whole day with Puffy before it happened!

As the court required was for foster kids to spend time with their social workers before adoption so if there was anything wrong or dangerous they could tell them that. It was also the possibility that if they were trained to say one thing, spending lots of time with the social works could cause them to slip up.

But Puffy knew that Tommy would have straight up said something, there was many opportunities and Puffy trusted the whole family a lot. So she had no worries about. Instead she decided this would be a good time to get Tommy a nice outfit for court.

"Okay but Puffy I don't have any money." Tommy complained and Puffy smacked his arm lightly as she lead him through the isles.

"And? Tommy I am someone who has known you for the past 13 years, I have tried my best to take care of you everywhere you went and I am for sure taking care of you before I'm no longer legally in charge of you." Puffy tells him and Tommy rolls his eyes. He couldn't ignore the voice crack in her voice when she said 'you'

"Okay, fine." He smiles and she starts to grab things off the rack. Tommy paused for a moment to look over at her, and she looked the same as he always knew her. Nice blouse, nice pants, an over the shoulder purse, blonde hair, green eyes, and a lanyard hanging around her neck.

"What do you think of this one?" Puffy asks, holding something up to Tommy. But Tommy wasn't thinking about that.

"Puffy you know that this won't be the last time you'll ever see me right? You've told me that you're going to call and you're going to keep in contact with me." Tommy reminds her and Puffy sighs softly, looking back at the rack in front of them.

"There's just a difference between being able to take care of you legally and not being able to. If things go wrong I can't just pick you up in the middle of the night. If you feel scared and I can't come save you. If I do there's lots of legal trouble and I just can't and that worries me." Puffy admits and Tommy nods.

"I'm sorry, I wish there was something I could do." Tommy frowns and Puffy gives him a soft smile.

"You don't need to worry about my feelings Tommy. It'll be okay." Puffy tells him and Tommy pulls her into a hug in the middle of the isles.

~~~

"Hey Phil, can I ask you something?" Tommy asks carefully after he got home from shopping with Puffy. Phil was currently in the kitchen baking with Techno, well Techno was telling Phil what to do and how to do it and Phil was listening.

"What's up mate?" Phil smiled brightly.

"Is it possible to make Puffy my god mother?" Tommy blurted out quickly. Techno, who was stirring something, put his paddle down to look at Tommy. Phil did the same.