Chapter 11

Tw for this chapter: Past Suicide attempts, self harm, past abuse, drinking, yelling

Tommy sat in the truck, holding the box of chicken nuggets and the cup of coke. Ranboo had decided that after driving around and talking for a few hours, eating would do all of them some good so he had pulled into a McDonald's and ordered them all the same thing (after making sure it was okay with Tommy).

So they were now parked, eating their food and drinking soda.

"So do you like it with your family?" Tubbo asks, sipping on his drink. Tommy nods, waiting to swallow his food before he talks.

"I've been with them for a week but it's been nice. Shit happened the other night, and I want everything to be okay but I'm worried it won't be." Tommy confesses, his kept going back to his thoughts about if they still wanted him or not.

"Well from what you've said if they are really nice then it should be fine right? I mean you didn't kill a man did you?" Tubbo jokes, making Tommy smile.

"No I didn't. But that reminds me I need to get back to their house at like 1:30, I have my follow up call with my social worker at 2." Tommy says and Ranboo nods.

"Of course, It's only 1 now so we have a few minutes before we have to go there." Ranboo says and Tommy nods. "So how many people are in your foster family?"

"Well there's Phil, he's the other two's dad. And then there's Techno and Wilbur." Tommy says and both boys turned to stare at him.

"You're telling me that your foster brothers are Techno and Wilbur?" Tubbo asks and Tommy nods. "We've met them before! They went to group therapy with us for a while! Holy shit!" Tubbo was shouting, nearly bouncing in his seat again. Ranboo put his hand gently on Tubbo and Tubbo realized what he was doing and settled.

"That's kinda funny though, I guess it makes a bit of sense since you go to Dr. Simon too and foster care doesn't cover Dr. Simon." Ranboo says, and Tommy stares straight at him, feeling his stomach drop.

"What?" Tommy questioned softly as Ranboo turned to start driving again.

"The system doesn't cover Simon, so Phil probably will pay out of pocket till you get on his insurance at some point. I believe out of pocket is like 150?" Ranboo says and Tommy still felt a lump rise up in his throat as he tried not to cry in front of his new friends.

Why was Phil paying out of pocket for this therapist? Why was he paying 150$ for Tommy to go to therapy? Didn't he know that Tommy truly would survive without it? Didn't he know he was wasting his money on Tommy?

Ranboo soon pulled back up to the house and Tommy didn't save anything as he hopped out. Ignoring Tubbo's calls after him, the most he did was give a little wave. He walked back into the house and went upstairs to his room.

~~~

Techno heard the front door open and close and the footsteps go upstairs. He knew it was Tommy and he looked over at Wilbur. Wilbur was passed out on Techno's bed, weighted blanket still wrapped around him. He had fallen asleep after he talked for a bit with Techno.

Techno slipped off of the bean bag chair as quietly as he could and walked out of the room, closing the door so Wilbur could keep sleeping. As he walked out Phil walked out of his office at the same time.

"Hey Tech." Phil greeted but Techno put a finger to his lips and pointed to his room. Nodding in understanding Phil followed Techno to the kitchen. "So what was it this time?" Phil asks.

"He almost had a panic attack, well he had a small one, so he ended up tiring himself out." Techno says, putting the kettle on the stove.

"Jesus Wil, that's the third this month." Phil mumbles and Techno looks over at him.