Chapter 53

Tw for this chapter: Suicide, violence, police, guns, mention of hospitals, panic attacks, police violence, yelling

Tommy blinked and looked at the paper, he knew the words, practiced it and spent hours staring at it. But in this moment he felt like the words were nothing but scribbles on a page, millions of miles away.

He cleared his throat, still staring at the paper. If it didn't make sense, he couldn't read it. If he can't read it then he won't read it.

"I wrote something, got a lot of help on it too. But I just can't seem to read the words right now." Tommy admits. He folds the paper and slips it back into his pocket, his hands touching the small box again. This time he pulled it out of the pocket.

He stared at the box, like he had with the paper. It was nicely wrapped in red paper, which Tommy hated. Who when killing themselves knew to wrap a gift for someone?

Schlatt apparently.

"He left this for me. I don't know what's inside. I don't know what I've been waiting for, I could just open it." Tommy admits. The door at the back of the church opened and Phil and Wilbur both came back in. Wilbur made Phil sit in a seat and sat down directly next to him.

Tommy glanced at them, and his heart dropped out of fear when he saw bruises forming on Phil's knuckles. Phil could seriously hurt people.

"I guess I'm just going to open it." Tommy says softly, and he wasn't sure if everyone could even hear him.

He looked back down at the box and carefully began to peel back the paper. He was gentle with it, not wanting to possibly damage the thing below it. Inside was a piece of paper, two plastic bands and a tiny box.

The tiny box was a box of cards, and Tommy knew exactly where this pack came from, it was the same one that they had used in the hospital.

The two bands Tommy also recognized. It was Tommy and Schlatt's medical bands from the hospital, the ones that said they were sharing the same room. Tommy doesn't remember when he took his off, but it must have been at the hospital if Schlatt had it.

The paper inside was folded neatly, and when Tommy tried to read it he had the same issue that he had with his paper before this.

"You want me to come read it?" Someone offered and Tommy nodded, not entirely knowing who was talking. Suddenly Fundy was beside him, taking the paper carefully out of his hands.

"Thank you." Tommy mumbled soft enough that only Schlatt could hear him.

"Of course." Fundy said back in the same soft tone. He cleared his throat. "I didn't think I would be reading anything today, but now I am, so sorry if I don't sound the best. Hey Tommy, I wanted to give you something, say something beyond what I already have. Thank you. You made a bit of these last few weeks better. I enjoyed playing cards with you, even if you cheated. I enjoyed seeing you smile even for just a minute. I owe you a rematch when I see you again, but I better not see you till you're like 100. Please stay alive. Please." Fundy read out loud.

Tommy let out a sob he didn't realize he was holding in. He put his hand over his mouth and he felt Fundy grab onto him. He dropped the pack of cards and the bracelets, falling down to his knees.

Jesus he was broken.

~~~

After the service was worse than before it.

Ranboo, Tommy, and Tubbo rode with Eret and Niki back to the Watson's house. Techno drove Wilbur's car and Wilbur rode in Phil's, lecturing him deeply. Phil knew he deserved it, but he was also embarrassed his son was lecturing him.