Chapter 19

Tw for this chapter: Anxiety? (This is like the least triggering chapter so far)

"What?" Techno asked sitting up, causing Wilbur to sit up. Phil glanced at Tommy then glanced to the boys.

"He called me dad. I don't know if he meant it, I don't know if it was an accident but when we were watching some show and he started to fall asleep I brought him into like a side hug. When I did he went 'thanks dad, this feels nice' and he fell asleep." Phil explains. Phil truly loved that moment, but did Tommy mean it?

"I wanna fall asleep, Tech lay down." Wilbur yawns and Techno turns his head to look at Wilbur.

"Is this not something kinda big to you? Tommy called Phil dad for the first time." Techno asks but Wilbur yawns. Techno remembered calling Phil dad for the first time, there was a lot of tears.

"Not now I'm tired. Now lay down or move." Wilbur whines and Techno rolls his eyes, but lays back down, letting Wilbur lay back down. While Techno's mind was racing just as fast as Phil's about this, it was nice to be in a cuddle pile with his family.

"Are we not going to turn off the lights?" Phil asks and Wilbur groans.

"Alexa turn the lights off." Wilbur whines out and Phil laughs.

"Wil we don't have lights connected to an Alexa, we also don't have an Alexa." Techno groans and Wilbur makes a noise of complaint.

"Alexa, order an Alexa for Christmas." Wilbur calls out and Phil laughs again. Phil just settled with knowing that the lights were on, since he couldn't move out from under his sons.

~~~

"So what is it called again? I forgot, sorry." Tommy asked Wilbur and Techno as he followed them around the store.

"It's alright, explaining it was a lot. It's called 'Find a Plate, Find a Friend'." Wilbur said and Tommy nodded. "And again long and short of it is once a month someone hosts a big dinner gathering for our friend group, and that's the chance for us to get together, eat some food and catch up. This is also the time that people bring new partners, new friends, and just stuff like that." Wilbur explains again.

"And since you've been with us for a month you get to join us, it's just this time it's at our house." Techno says and Tommy nods, trying understand it all so he doesn't forget.

"How many people show up?" Tommy asks, he didn't mind lots of people and he should be fine, he just didn't want to have a panic attack in front of a lot of people if something happens.

"Usually? 50?" Wilbur shrugged and he saw Tommy tense ever so slightly. "But they're all very nice and kind people. If they are rude they are asked to leave since this is for nice people to come together and eat some good food." Wilbur explains, hoping it would help calm Tommy.

"What if I can't remember names?" Tommy questioned, latching his hand onto the shopping cart to try and relax some of his anxiety.

"Well we have name tags! People write their names and pronouns on them, so that way no one forgets! Plus if ever need be you can duck up to your room, since upstairs is off limits to people unless they need a quiet space to calm down. Even then they go into my room or people go into the library." Wilbur explains and Tommy nods.

"My room is also always open for you Tommy." Techno added and Tommy nodded again. They walked down the soda isle. "Alright, we basically get a case of all the coke products and two extra cases of normal coke." Techno explains and Tommy nods, helping grab the cases. When they were done they went to the craft isle and picked out some colorful sharpies and printer paper.

"Why do we need printer paper?" Tommy asks as they walk to check out.

"We have boundaries that we print out, just for people and the house in general. We got the colorful sharpies because the other ones were almost dead so fresh pack for the party." Wilbur explains and Tommy nods.