Chapter 68

Tw for this chapter: Depression episode, eating disorder, mention of feeding tube, vaping

Driving home, Wilbur was silent, Techno was sobbing. At a stoplight, Wilbur got out his phone and typed as fast as he could before putting his phone down when the light turned green.

Arriving at home they were met with Phil and Tommy at the front door, and upon seeing them Techno looked at Wilbur. Wilbur gave him a look of sympathy.

"Tech, they had to know," Wilbur said softly. Techno's eyes filled with more tears.

"I hate you Wilbur. I hate you so much." Techno choked out before he ran past everyone and went to his room. Wilbur watched him go before turning to look at Phil and Tommy, who were staring at him.

"I said I wouldn't tell you," Wilbur says, answering the look Phil was giving him.

"That still doesn't explain the full story," Phil says and Wilbur sighed.

"Yeah, I want to know what's going on." Tommy states and Wilbur nods.

"I want to make him a cup of tea, even if he's pissed at me," Wilbur says as he walks into the kitchen, the other two following him. Tommy sits at a barstool and Phil stands next to the sink as Wilbur starts to make a cup of tea.

"Tell us everything you can without doing too much damage," Phil says and Wilbur nods.

"Techno reached out to his mom, she ended up not being the best, and we got into a fight about it. He asked me if I wanted him to be unhappy, and it spiraled from there. He ended up breaking down and didn't say a word the whole ride home." Wilbur explained as he filled the kettle with water and set it on the stove.

"Why did he not want you to tell me?" Phil questions but Wilbur just shrugs.

"How was his mom not good?" Tommy asks and Wilbur bites his lip slightly. "Sorry if I'm asking too much."

"No, it should be fine. She just wanted things from him, made sly comments about how he 'left her and moved on' and ended the conversation by saying she should have aborted him when she had the chance." Wilbur reveals and Tommy's stomach drops.

Those words were all too familiar to him.

"Jesus." Phil mumbles and Wilbur just nods. Wilbur continued to get Techno's favorite pig mug, his favorite tea, and a bit of sugar into the mug. Once the kettle whistles he pours the water in and stirs the cup.

"Hey Tommy, can you give this to him? I think he's still pissed at me." Wilbur asks and Tommy nods, grabbing the mug and leaving the room. Wilbur then turns to look at Phil. "I'm sorry for not telling you."

"He asked you not to and you were respecting that. It's okay Wilbur, I'm not mad and I'm not disappointed. I'm proud of you for trying to help your brother the best you could." Phil says softly and Wilbur nods.

"Can I have a hug?" Wilbur asks in a quiet voice just barely above a whisper. Phil nods and grabs Wilbur, pulling him into a hug. They stood there for a moment until Phil realized Wilbur was crying onto his shoulder.

"What's wrong?" Phil asked softly, rubbing circles into Wilbur's back.

"And I'm so fucking tired of it making no sense"

"Dad I don't know what to do to fix this." Wilbur sobbed as he began to also break down. Phil had to hold on tightly to Wilbur so he didn't fall to the floor. Instead, Phil gently guided them both down as he still held onto Wilbur.

"It's okay, it's okay. It's going to be okay." Phil cooed softly as he held on tighter to Wilbur. Wilbur just continued to cry.

~~~