Chapter 48

Tw for this chapter: mention of hospitals, mention of suicide and trauma, panic attacks

Tommy sat at the dining room table. He felt numb in that moment, well every moment since the hospital that morning.

The car ride had been quiet, Tommy felt numb and upset. Whatever had happened when he hit his head the other day was stuck in his head.

People can stop loving you

And what if they had stopped loving him? He felt like they might have stopped loving him at this point. Too many problems came with him, and no one wants to put up with that many problems.

"Tommy what would you like for lunch?" Phil asked from the kitchen, Tommy just shrugged in response. Techno and Wilbur, who were sitting at the table as well, looked over at Tommy.

"Tommy you alright? I know hospitals are kinda shit but are you okay?" Wilbur questioned, Tommy didn't say anything to him.

"Tommy?" Techno questioned softly, but again there was no answer from Tommy.

What could he say? What could he say that would make them still love him, so he didn't have to face the moment where they wouldn't?

"Tommy?" Phil's voice was no longer coming from the kitchen, but from Tommy's side. Tommy flinched at how loud he sounded. All three of them stared at Tommy, they hadn't seen him flinch like that since the night he arrived.

Tommy felt them all continue to stare at him, so he swallowed and stood up. Wordlessly he walked out of the room and up the stairs, trying to make as little noise as possible until he got to his room. He closed the door softly and began to sob, covering his mouth with his hand.

Downstairs Phil had tears welling in his eyes. He stared off towards the direction of the stairs, and both Techno and Wilbur saw the tears.

"Dad?" Wilbur questioned softly and Phil turned to look at them both.

"What did we do wrong?" Phil whispered softly tears beginning to fall. Wilbur immediately jumped up and hugged his father. Phil held Wilbur tightly as he let tears fall.

What happened?

~~~

Tommy woke up. He didn't remember falling asleep but he woke up and he saw it was dark out. Looking at the clock it said it was 11:23pm. He sat up, realizing he was on the floor and not his bed.

He stretched out his arms until he felt them pop, and he stood up. He looked around his room and felt his stomach grumble. He was hungry but he didn't want to go downstairs, he has to be invisible as to not bother them.

Part of him knew that this was nothing but old trauma talking. But part of him felt like if he wasn't bothering them then he wasn't causing any problems, and he wasn't making them angry. And if he wasn't doing that then they would still love him right?

Right?

Tommy sighed and looked around his room again. He spotted a cat toy on his bed and he remembered Storm. Where was she? He hadn't seen her since he got back.

Going downstairs to find her couldn't hurt could it? Plus the family was most likely asleep by now, or at least in their rooms. So it should be fine.

He grabbed the cat toy and opened up his door. He peered his head out, looked both ways and once seeing the hallway was clear he made his way to the stairs. He glanced down at the living room from the top and saw no one.

So he continued to make his way downstairs. On the ground floor he saw no one else so he began to look for the cat.

First he checked her cat post but didn't see her there. He then checked her cat bed beside the couch and still didn't see her.