Chapter 32

Tw for this chapter: past suicide attempt, talk of car crash and injuries

It was a few days later, in the days of actually leading up to Thanksgiving, that Techno, Tommy, and Wilbur were found in the library, going through old stacks of books.

"These were supposed to be sorted forever ago, but we never got around to it." Wilbur explained, doing most of the heavy lifting of said stacks.

Tommy still had his shoulder brace, the doctor telling him that he would most likely still have to have it through the new year. Techno had a brace around his center, he would have it for longer than Tommy.

Both were told not to do heavy lifting, heavy work or do anything that could cause injury to their already injured selves. While it wasn't as bad when they first got hurt, both boys felt upset at the limitations.

"Why are they stacked like this anyway?" Techno questioned and Wilbur shrugged.

"I think Dad went through them months and months ago, looking for something then just never put them back. But since we're hosting people for thanksgiving we have to have this space cleaned up, and we're putting beds in here." Wilbur reminds him and Techno nods as he sits down on the floor.

Tommy sat near Techno and Wilbur brought both of them some books.

"You wanna do stories, photo books and journals? Sort it after we sort it that way?" Techno asks and Wilbur nodded. Techno then turned to Tommy. "So how we're sorting it is you look at the book, if it has a title and an author then put it in one pile. If it's a photo album put it in another. If it doesn't have a title or author that means it's an old journal, we have handfuls from different times when Dr. Simon made us right things down. Pretty sure some of Phil's old journals are in here too somewhere." Techno explains and Tommy nods.

"Dr. Simon used to make us write daily stuff, I'm surprised he hasn't made you do it." Wilbur comments, taking a seat on the floor across the others.

"Oh he tried to make me and I said no." Tommy says and both Techno and Wilbur burst into laughter.

Techno smiled as he pulled some books closer to him. He saw multiple stories so he threw them in one pile, seeing a couple of journals underneath.

"Oooh Tommy come look at this photo book! There's pictures from when I was in high school in here." Wilbur smiled, patting the spot next to him. Techno just rolled his eyes but didn't drop his smile.

Techno reached for a book, noticing it was a journal. He opened it up and recognized Wilbur's messy handwriting. Reading a bit of it couldn't hurt could it?

Dear stupid fucking journal

Do you know how much I hate writing? That's my feeling of the day Dr. Simon, I hate writing. Hate. There we go.

-8/22

Techno wanted to burst out laughing, Dr. Simon had always tried to have them write one feeling of the day, Techno hated it and so it seems did Wilbur.

Dear stupid fucking journal

Today I had a shit day at school, so did Tech. People are fucking assholes for no reason. I don't have a feeling of the day, well does shit count? I don't fucking know.

-8/23

Techno tried to remember what time this could be from, but with no year there was no time that he could pin point.

Dear stupid fucking journal

I swear to god I am this close to drop kicking an asshole at school. This fucking kid won't fucking leave Tech alone and I want to break his arm. I'm angry today.