Chapter 39

Tw for this chapter: Mention of death

"What?" Phil asked softly and Tommy watched as his face dropped. Tommy put the papers off to the side, glancing down at Storm in his lap.

He picked her up and moved her off his lap, Storm standing up and looking offended as well. Tommy to choose to look down again to avoid looking at any of them.

"No thank you." Tommy says and the room is dead silent. "I'm sorry." Tommy apologizes.

"You don't have to apologize. Let's just keep opening gifts." Phil mumbles.

"Are we just ignoring that?" Wilbur asks.

"Yeah. Wilbur it's your turn." Phil mumbled. Wilbur didn't say anything as he just opened up a new gift, but no one reacted.

"I'm going to go get some water." Techno announces. He stands up and leaves, letting the room fall into silence again. Tommy felt himself begin to cry again but he didn't try to stop it this time.

Phil and Wilbur heard Tommy sniff, but didn't get a chance to say anything because Tommy stood up quickly and began to half run to his room. He stopped at the top of the stairs.

"I'm sorry for ruining Christmas for you. I'm sorry." Tommy says and he continues to his room.

Phil and Wilbur just sat there, not knowing what to say or do. When Techno returned it was dead silent.

"Fuck it I'm going to talk to him." Wilbur said standing up but Phil grabbed his hand.

"Wil, no. Leave him be. Give him time and then we'll call him down." Phil said and Wilbur frowned but sat back down.

So they sat in silence. Each stuck in their own thought.

Tommy upstairs was just crying, afraid he ruined everything, not just for Christmas but for things forever. No matter what they say, what if this means they don't want him.

What if him saying no means that they'll kick him out, since he doesn't want to say yes. So much could go wrong.

But he knew he needed to apologize. He needed to say sorry for everything he's done wrong.

So Tommy stood up, and walked downstairs, still hiccupping but trying not to cry like he was this morning.

As he made his way downstairs all three of them looked at Tommy. He stood at the bottom of the stairs for a moment.

"I'm" Tommy hiccupped "Sorry."

"Tommy, you don't need to be sorry." Phil said softly but Tommy shook his head.

"I ruined" Another hiccup. "Christmas and I made you" A sniffle this time "Sad."

"Tommy, it's okay. Come sit down." Phil instructed but Tommy shook his head.

"Tommy, please?" Wilbur asked softly and Tommy still stood there for a moment. "I think Storm needs some feel better pets from her favorite person."

"I'm not" another hiccup "Her favorite person." Techno laughed at Tommy's statement.

"Of course you are. You are Storm's all time favorite person Tommy." But Tommy just shrugs as he hiccups again. "I'm getting you some water for the hiccups, go sit down." Techno instructs.

Tommy caves in and sits on the open couch away from his presents. Storm came up to him and sniffed him as he still hiccupped. He stuck out his hand to give her pets and she meowed softly, accepting the pets.

Wilbur glances at how he was sitting different but choose not to comment on it. Techno soon returned with the glass of water for Tommy. Tommy took it and drank it softly, trying to get rid of his hiccups.