Chapter 4

Maddy and I are working on coffee orders, watching the clock at the same time

Maddy and I are working on coffee orders, watching the clock at the same time. I was the first one here today, so Maddy didn't have to use her key to get in.

I didn't think to stop and get another clock last night, but I used the alarm on my phone. It goes off and it wakes me instantly with the screeching noise it makes.

I ended up bringing my dress to the shop, this morning. So it is hanging in the back office area. There is no windows so I can just change there and use the mirror on the wall to do up my hair and makeup. I brought it all, even though there isn't much to do since I don't want to go extreme.

"I have my dress in the trunk of my car." Maddy smiles.

"Girl, we thought on the same wave length. Mine is in the office." I laugh.

"It only makes sense. The Ball starts at six and we close at four." Maddy chuckles, handing a coffee to the customer that was waiting.

Sure we could have closed early, but we always have people coming in right before we close. I am grateful for the business though, so there is no complaints from me.

The entire town closes down for the ones that are open late, when it comes to the Halloween Ball. Well, other than our town hospital.

Maddy takes over the front counter, while I go to the back and grab some more of the bagels for the display case. Not many people get food unless it is the breakfast rush hour, but for lunch hour we have bagels with lunch meat warmed.

Can't serve coffee not have food available either. Plus, coffee washes just about everything down great.

I finish getting the bagels out and I noticed there was only one person at the counter. It was a guy with a blonde head of hair. Maddy was flirting up a storm with him.

I clear my throat and Maddy turns to me, blushing as the day is long.

"This is Alex. He is going to be working across the street for the new auto owner." Maddy blabbers.

"It is nice to meet you Alex." I give him the same kind smile I give everyone.

I go to the back and make sure the supply order is set for the delivery truck to come in Monday. I am not coming in tomorrow after the Ball. I plan to stay up late and having one day with no alarm clock.

Maddy walks in and is holding onto her blushing cheeks. He must have really put on the moves.

"Did you cream in your underwear yet?" I giggle.

"Honey, he was gorg! That is literally sex on legs." Maddy squeals.

"So did you get his number?" I ask, laughing at my friend's crazy theatrics.

"No, but he said he is coming to the Ball tonight. So, I told him if he can find me then I would give him the time." Maddy winks.

"Good mercy, Maddy!" I shake my head.

"What? You can't tell me that piece of rubber is keeping you happy. Honey, you need to get out and spend some time with someone that can touch you." Maddy sighs.

She caught me. I have been in to many relationships. That was until two years ago, I gave up not even caring anymore. So, I bought me some toys to tend to my needs.

None of the guys in this town could make my body sing. I have standards and it is not just about sex with someone. I want someone that will love and support me, while being able to rock my world.

I shake my head again at Maddy.

"Come on." Maddy drags the words out.

"There is new guys that have came in and maybe someone will be the one. You need to get out. Do something." Maddy says.

"You're right. Maybe, I should buy a fish. Could always use a pet in the house and they don't have to be walked and easy to care for." I sass.

"That is not.." Maddy stops, just when the door bell chimed letting us know customers are walking in.

"I am not done with you yet." Maddy smiles.

Letting out my breath when she leaves, I sit back in the chair.

Sure, I could use some action it has been forever it seems. I have never been one of those hit and leave it type of girls though.

Before I know it, Maddy and I have locked up then cleaned everything down.

I am currently working on doing my hair trying to pin it up. Makeup has been done for awhile now and all that is left is the dress.

Maddy is slipping into her dress already.

"Help me zip up please." Maddy asks.

"Sure." I say, turning around, putting the clip in my mouth.

I zip up her dress and she turns laughing at me.

"Okay maybe I should have waited for you to put that last clip in, because you look hilarious." Maddy laughs.

I spin, grabbing the hair and clipping it up quickly.

I move and shimmy into the dress. Grabbing the red two inch heels, I slip them on last.

Doing a once over in the mirror, I am happy with how I look

Oh, the mask. Taking it off the desk, I place it over my face and tie it at the back of my head.

"Well, this is as good as it is gonna get." I say my moto out loud.

"Scarlett you look drop dead gorgeous." Maddy smiles at me, after putting on her mask.

"Thanks. You look splendid too." I whistle, causing her to laugh hysterically.

"We should be on our way." Maddy says, finally catching her breath.

"Let's walk. It is just down the street." I tell her.

"Sounds good to me." Maddy replies.

We walk in silence. I am secretly thankful that Maddy hasn't brought up me getting laid anymore since lunch time.

I just want to feel some form of chemistry before I roll in bed with someone.

Although, I am looking forward to the drinks the Ball will have. It has been way to long since I have had some form of alcohol, even though I am a light weight.

I will just uber home if I don't feel like making a walk back. Which is one reason I wanted to walk tonight, my car can just stay at the shop over night.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Maddy is a awesome friend to Scarlett but may be a slight hand full in a good way?

Although, Scarlett letting loose may be fun for the Ball right? How will it go? Anyone want to take some guesses?