Chapter 52

I sit back down and pick up my plate of food

I sit back down and pick up my plate of food. The spicy sauce over the meat is helping to calm me, which is weird.

"This took an interesting turn." Maddy sighs.

"That it has." I agree.

"Do you think Chad done it?" Merissa asks, looking guilty.

"It is a chance. It would be easily to find that it is Liam's shop with it having his name on it. One thing he may not be expecting if it was him, is that Liam has security cameras." I finish the food.

"Do you want anymore?" Merissa asks, going to get up.

"No thank you. I couldn't eat anymore right now." I laugh, rubbing my stomach some.

"If I get any bigger in a week, then I won't be able to fit the dress."

"You're growing a little boy. He needs food." Maddy giggles, and leans over to rub my bump lightly.

She gets a kick in reponse, making her face glow.

"Your turn. You know." Merissa smirks.

"One day maybe." Maddy gives a soft smile.

"You want to be surrounded by little ones." I snicker.

"That is true. Nothing beats it." Merissa nods.

"Alex gets excited with you guys having this little guy, but he gets nervous when we have talked about it." Maddy laughs.

"Just got to jump in and do it, if that is what you guys want." Merissa pats her hand.

"So, is everything ready for next Sunday?" I ask Maddy.

Maddy nods. "Should be. Our dresses are in your closet. Flowers are not the worry with us having the wedding at the park grounds. The wild flowers are beautiful."

We had hid the dresses at my house, because Maddy knew Alex would peek at the wedding dress.

"The weather forecast is showing for it to be a clear day too." Merissa adds.

"The guy that is doing the marriage will be there at one." Maddy looks at her phone.

"It is so exciting! I know we live together already but to just marry him seems surreal." Maddy gets a dreamy look on her face.

I smile and love seeing my best friend so happy.

"There is one thing I need to ask you Maddy."

"What's up?" Maddy looks at me.

"As you know, Merissa is going to be a grandma. Liam and I have talked about Godparents. I know you have said before that you want to be an Aunt to the little man. Would you be his Godmother too?" I ask.

Maddy tears up and moves over quickly, hugging me while I sat in the chair.

"Of course!" She sniffs.

Merissa joins in on the hug and we are all a blubbering mess within seconds.

My phone rings and pulls us out of the group hug.

"Hello?" I answer without looking at the screen.

"Are you crying?" Liam's voice comes out worried.

"Just happy tears. I asked Maddy about being the Godparent."

"That is great! Well, Alex went to get a plank of wood for the shop. It looks like we will be here for a little bit with having to get it put up." Liam sighs over the phone.

"Did you see who done it?" I ask him, gaining the others attention.

I put him on speaker phone, for them to hear Liam.

"It was Chad. The cameras picked it up right as he smashed the window out with a bat. The report has been made and I am having charges pressed against him. So once the cops find him he will be taken in."

"I just hope they catch him soon, before he does anything else." Merissa grows red.

"My bet is he couldn't find a lawyer that would help him. He knows that he is not going to get anything." Maddy chimes in.

"I have no doubt on that either. It has crossed my mind too." Liam agrees over the phone.

"We are going to clean up everthing out here and go inside. I doubt he knows this address, but I don't want to have that risk with Alex and you not here." Maddy stands, grabbing things.

"You ladies just get in the house, I will clean up once we get back. I would not put it past him that he has been watching us from afar either."

Maddy takes my hand and pulls me into the house quickly.

"I got Scarlett inside. I will go lock the doors now." Maddy takes off.

"Isn't this a little over reacting?" I ask the others and Liam on the phone.

"No, he done this and I don't want anything to go to chance with me not being there." Liam answers.

I talk him off speaker phone and hold it up to my ear.

"I will be back as soon as I can, but I have to get my shop secured the best I can." Liam sighs.

"I understand that. We will be here." I huff a little.

"Love you Doll." Liam tells me right before hanging up.

I put my phone in the small pocket the dress has.

"Movie or game board?" Maddy asks.

"I am up for a game." I answer quick. Knowing that if a movie gets put in that I will end up falling asleep.

Maddy pulls out a board game and we all get our pieces. It seems like we are playing for hours and sitting in this chair has grown uncomfortable.

"Excuse me a minute, I need to stand and walk." I laugh.

I get up and look out the window, glancing at the clock sure enough it has been a few hours past. That explains why it is dark out already.

I walk around the living room area, while Maddy and Merissa keep playing. A knock on the door, makes us all jump.

Maddy gets up and goes to the door, right when my phone pings. I read the text.

"It is Liam and Alex." I huff.

Maddy opens the door and both of them walk in.

"We texted but no one opened the door, so we knocked." Alex smiles.

"Yeah, I got the text right after you knocked."

Liam walks over. "I will get everything brought in from outside."

"Well, I did grab the food so it wouldn't ruin." Maddy smiles.

"That was not coming in the house, love." Alex gives her a look.

"Neither of you finished eating and I was not letting the food go to waste." Maddy gives him a look right back, causing us all to laugh.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Merissa is wanting to be a grandma surrounded by little ones!

Maddy and Alex's wedding is in a week. Will it go smoothly?

Liam isn't there yet but still overly protective and seems like he has the help of Maddy and Merissa to protect Scarlett.