Chapter 15

I am love sick, already

I am love sick, already. Seeing her thumb the slightest red color, had all types of feeling swarming my chest.

First it was her being honest about her diet, I didn't like it in the least. Now, she burned herself slightly.

Not only that but to hear that she is used to it due to her work environment, has me reeling in all types of emotions.

For the last eight years, part of my job in the Army was not only combat mechanics but also medical. I had taken it upon myself to be specialized in many different fields. I had nothing better to do with my time than to just learn and pass courses.

"Hey man, can you hand me that rod bearing if you're not going to do it." Alex snaps me out of the worst thoughts.

"Yeah, sure." I hand him the part.

I shake my head, just the small part of me thinking about the past sent a crap tons of images through my mind I wish would just vanish.

Alex must catch on, as he raises up and looks at me.

"Don't go there man. We are here now." Alex cocks his brow at me.

"Yeah, yeah I know." I shake my head.

"Find a happy place. It sounds corny but that is what has helped me." Alex pats my back.

"Yeah." I nod.

"So, the ladies mentioned about decorating for Halloween." I change the subject, something I am good at.

"Maddy was talking about that this morning." Alex laughs.

"You two have been like glue to each other." I chuckle.

"You're just as bad with Scarlett, well almost." Alex laughs, going back to work.

"They said all the children like to walk the side walks and do their little candy pick up. May not hurt to have some candy and little things in the main window." I muse over it all.

"Hundreds of children walking by in costumes getting candy. Those were the days being young wasn't it." Alex seems to be remembering his life.

Sadly, my days of trick-or-treating ended when Mom uprooted us from living in this town many years ago. It was the same time I found out nothing was real that I had previous thought as a child.

I don't add in with Alex's happy memories, not wanting to let it be known how sour my younger days were after my parents divorce.

"I got this. It is almost put back together. So, then just to connect everything again." Alex informs me.

Moving into the main part of the shop, I hold the phone in my hand. Still no calls, but we still like to have the phone in the work shop side for if it rings and not one of us is in office.

Logging onto the computer, I bring up some websites that has all types of Halloween decorations. It is honestly a little overwhelming with all the different things.