Chapter 30

Spoiled

Spoiled. That is what I am since waking up with Liam two days in a row. Sleep has been the best ever, plus I stay so warm at night and not freezing my behind off. Who wouldn't enjoy this?

This morning though after another late night of rolling around in bed with Liam is getting to me. I haven't lived off coffee for awhile and today is most definitely going to be the day.

Considering, the last forty-eight hours I have barely got six hours of sleep it seems. I wouldn't change it though.

Although, last night we did at least use protection. I wouldn't mind having kids with him. but we don't need to just throw caution to the wind either.

Sure, we have the most open communication now with no hiding things. It has been nice and brought us even closer going those few weeks with no fooling around.

This morning I actually put a little make up on to help hide the tiredness. Liam seems to be unnatural with the small amount of sleep he is to bubbly.

I am grumbling, but this was my stupid idea I started years ago with the shop with opening several hours early. The customers always seem so happy though, being able to get a warm bagel sandwich and hot drinks.

Getting in the car, Liam joins and sits there trying not to laugh at my expression. Something he has fought since I cursed the alarm thirty minutes ago.

I get us to the shop in record time. Unlocking the door, I walk in and switch all the lights on. I hit the buttons on the machines and Liam watches in awe.

"Will you turn the sign on please?" I ask him, to which he bounces right over.

Those jeans hugs in all the right areas. At least he is behind the counter with me today and I get to see him.

Feeling myself start to dampen down there, I shake my head and focus on pulling things out that I know will be used.

"Where do you want me to help?" Liam walks up and asks, eyeing the machines.

"These right here need two scoops per filter. Then slip it in the space like this and let it brew." I give him quick steps for the simple machines.

"Got it." Liam gets to work on the last four machines.

I will teach him about the latte and other machines in a bit. Walking to the back, I ready the bagels and crossiants putting them straight into the oven.

"I got that finished. What's next?" Liam's energy is to much right now.

"Once the far machine stops brewing a cup of it would be nice." I tease.

Now, just to wait the short ten minutes and these will be ready to come out and right into the display box. Thankfully, Liam brought me the small coffee and I have been nursing it watching the clock. We are still about ten minutes from when people will start coming in, even with the open sign on.

I hear Maddy's voice explaining things to Alex and Liam by time I walk but up to the front with the sandwiches.

"Those smell so good." Alex sighs.

"Get you one." I try to smile, but the small coffee has not kicked in yet. So, I probably look more freaky than anything.

Liam and Alex take one of the crossiants splitting it in half to share. Both of the men are moaning as they taste a simple breakfast sandwich.

I move over and stand up taller to whisper in Liam's ear.

"Keep sounding like that and I would think you would rather screw that sandwich instead of me in my office." I smirk, standing back.

Liam instantly chokes on the bite he has in his mouth, causing me to laugh.

Right before he can reply a customer walks in. It is time as it all begins. Maddy was taking care of the customer, while Alex watched her make a latte.

Within a short time we are tending to customers left and right. As a line is forming almost to the door. Once one customer is completed, another few are in line waiting.

Maddy and I as a team have always been quick but this time of morning, everyone is wanting that caffeine to help them through their shopping.

Liam and Alex have been huge helps. As they have caught onto using the machines and great at handing out sandwiches, being paid for.

I make many runs to the back, just to grab extra supplies many times. Because you can only keep so many cups out front without it looking trashy, something I will never have in my shop.

Finally around six the crowd has vanished for now. I know there will be another surge within an hour or two for when people come back for a before work coffee for the ones that skipped shopping due to work.

I grab one of the small trash bags and walk around the counter. Maddy knows what I am up too, as this is the normal routine the day after a holiday.

"What are you two up too?" Liam asking watching us.

"Time to take the Thanksgiving decorations." I shrug.

With that simple reply, Liam and Alex join us. We slowly take them all down. Granted, it was all paper like so it is simple recycle material.

It takes less than ten minutes. Looking at the windows, I can see the tape marks. So, grabbing the cleaning supplies I make may way to the windows and begin cleaning. Liam is quick to be at my side grabbing some towels are following suite on the other window.

"You don't have to do that." I smile over at him.

"I know, but I want to help anyway you need me too." Liam smiles right back.

"Next step is decorating for Christmas and this is as good day as any." Maddy laughs.

"It is not even December yet, though." Liam chuckles.

"It is a golden rule after Thanksgiving Christmas items are able to go up. Heck, I would do it before Thanksgiving." I add in laughing.

Maddy walks to the storage room. I know she is going right for the tree.

Goodbye being tired, and hello to cheer. I love this holiday for so many reasons and the beautiful lights is one of the benefits.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Nothing like the fun with putting up Christmas decorations! All the beauty the holiday season holds in many ways.

Liam and Alex done great by getting in the shop and helping the ladies out with the busy day in Scarlett's shop. Maybe they could have little aprons for fun right?

 Maybe they could have little aprons for fun right?