Chapter 23

Going by the flower store, I picked up sunflowers for the graves

Going by the flower store, I picked up sunflowers for the graves. Scarlett's mom loved her sunflowers over any other flower, and I remember her house always having at least one sunflower.

While I was there, a order was placed to send lillies to Scarlett. When we played outdoors, she always had to smell them before she would play.

The guy said his son would deliver them to her shop once he had the bouquet made up.

Lame move though right? Sending flowers.

That was all I done yesterday. Talking to her parents grave, I told them sorry for letting their daughter down. After, I did go to the shop and get some work done.

Now, I am lost as a puppy needing a bone.

Many times I attempted to call her yesterday with no answer.

It is right at lunch time and Alex has snapped his fingers twice in my face, because I space out.

Scarlett is all I can think about and I have messed up so bad there isn't even a word for it. She rejects the calls and I don't want to text her an apology because that is lame as hell.

I owe her so much more than an sorry. The guy from the flower place called and said she sent them right back.

I should not have ran out the other night, but to learn she is Emma, my Emma, I didn't know what to say or even think.

Sure, I keep blaming my past and that is mainly an excuse. Yes, my past still affects me and I worry that no one will give me a chance or be able to handle me. That is all bull, I am the one that is scared and will find a reason to back out of a lot of things.

Worry that I could change Scarlett is what went through me the night of the dinner. Now, I can't let that get to me.

My only hope is this is fixable and she won't hate me. Even if she wants nothing to do romantically with me, I will gladly be close friends with her.

I have to talk to her. Glancing at the clock, the lunch time rush should be over and another meal I have skipped.

"I will be back." Letting Alex know.

"Coffee shop?" Alex replies in a question manner.

"Yeah, I have to talk to her." I sigh.

"She deserves to know, Liam." Alex nods his head.

I walk across the street and I can see one or two custsomers in the shop. Opening the door, their little bell goes off.

Noticing Scarlett immediately, a sad feeling bubbles in me. She has her head down and at the coffee machine. Maddy notices right away, and greets me like I was any other customer while she tilts her head at Scarlett.

I nod my head and walk up to the counter.

"Scarlett, can we talk?" I ask gently.

I can tell she knew it was me by my voice, as her body tenses up and she slowly turns to face me.

"Now, you want to talk? No. I think that is past. If you want coffee by all means and Maddy can assist you." Scarlett says sternly.

"I know your mad, but please let me explain." I try to reason softly.

"No! You ran out and left me like I was the worst company. I mean if the food gave you the running crap, there was a bathroom at my place. I attempted to call you and you ignored me. Then yesterday you had the nerve to call and send flowers." Scarlett's face starts to turn a red color.

"I spent all night that night crying and you ignored me, if you was sick it should have been a simply reply involved. You didn't seem sick, just said 'You have to go' after looking at my pictures and sitting together some. If the fact I stayed with you the night before was to much, then you could've just told me." Scarlett turns to walk towards the back of her shop.

Feeling a small panic that she is done talking and trying to get away from me sends me to do the craziest thing I have done.

"I'm Hunter!" I all but yell.

I stand still as a statue, while Scarlett freezes up.

With her back to me, she turns her head a little.

"What?" Scarlett asks, her breathing picking up.

"I am Hunter." I repeat softer.

Scarlett turns around and opens the side door at the counter. She walks right up to me and looks at me closely.

"No wonder you seemed famaliar and your eyes." She mumbles.

I didn't say a word and let her get over the small shock she is in. Hoping that now she can understand that I was in shock the other night.

"I realized you was my Emma when I seen your pictures and doll. I wasn't sick or mad, Scarlett it was shock. Then it turned to worry that I would hurt you or ruin you. My past since living here is not something anyone could handle before." I softly let everything out.

Scarlett backs up one step.

"Hurt me? Hurt me! You, you..." Scarlett pushes me back a few steps with her hands pressed on my chest.

Tears start pouring from her eyes and it eats away at me.

"All these years and it is you. Wait? That is why you never talked much about your past, because you think no one could handle you. Liam your an idiot! Ever think if you was to have talked about it, someone could have helped you. I would have! We may have found out together who each other was and not came to this." Scarlett's voice starts getting louder at the end.

"I want to talk to you about everything. Please, tell me you will at least talk to me about it all. I am so sorry for the way I left and how I thought about everything." I try and plead or just beg at this point.

"I will do anything, Scarlett please."

"Scarlett, I have the shop." Maddy speaks up.

Scarlett looks to Maddy, who gives a soft smile at both of us.

I wait and hold my breath until she turns back to me.

"Where do you want to talk?" Scarlett asks.

"Anywhere." I state, just glad she is willing to at least talk.

This is my chance to tell her everything and hope she won't hate me after. I don't want to lose her and only hope my stunt didn't cause me too.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Liam took it into his hands and couldn't stand not at least telling her the truth.

Not so subtle on him telling her who he used to be to her when they were kids. It got Scarlett's attention though.

They are going to talk. Is this a good thing to be adults and discuss this or could this one thing break them? Between Liam running out and them officially going to talk about their pasts, how will this fair?

Surely they won't break after talking?