Chapter 8

These sheets are so soft

These sheets are so soft. It is warm and I never want to move from this bed again.

I roll over and look at the clock on my phone, it is not even noon yet. That is good at least I got all day to do what I want to do.

Sitting up in the bed, I groan. I drank way more than just two drinks. I know better than that, but I told myself to let loose and have fun. This headache though is killer, and the best thing to help. Coffee.

Slipping into the kitchen, I start the coffee and watch it brew. The smell of the hot water mixing with the sweet grounds. Come to me please, and quickly. 

Events starts to play through my mind on what happened after the first drink graced my tongue.

At least I made it home, even if I did actually walked and never got a ride. Although the only fuzzy detail is how I showered and got in my pajamas.

That guy though. I don't remember catching his name, but hot tamales! I ended up getting the best little quicky in my entire life. Never has a guy been like he was with me.

It is weird to say that even though it was maybe over an hour of talking, there was some form of chemistry between us. I don't think it is the alcohol or the hangover talking, either.

There was just something strangely familiar about the man. It was like I knew him, which is very odd.

Those eyes of his is what got me, while we were dancing and in better light, you could see his eyes are a gray with blue specks throughout them.

Walking over to my mantle, I look at the pictures. Seeing my parents first, my heart aches. How I miss them so very much, if I could go back in time and not let them leave I would in a heartbeat.

The next picture, if is the only one of Hunter and I when we was small. My parents had taken the picture from my sixth birthday party. Both of our eyes is red, due to the flash of the old camera used to take the shoot.

I walk to my bedroom and over to my night stand. Opening the cabinet up, I see the doll I have kept all these years. It still looks the exact same, with the white dress specked with blue stains. I pull her out and go back to the living room.

Placing the doll behind the picture, for it to stand there. That is where it belongs. I am not sure if I will ever let the doll go. It is just Hunter was the only childhood friend I remember and wish I knew where he was at times. 

Everytime I have dated in the past, never felt right because I would constantly think of Hunter.

Last night though even if not a date, finally felt right. I may be here now thinking of Hunter but it is not the same feeling like before.

I know one thing, the guy from last night can't be to hard to find. It is a small town and he is an owner or friend of one.

On a mission I go. Hopefully, the sober version of the guy will want to at least talk.

I am hopeless! I am already wanting to much and it may be nothing more than just a good lay.

Okay, enough of this. I got some work to do. Yes, that sounds much better than fawning over someone I don't even know their name. Right?

So, first I need to come up with some flavors for Thanksgiving. It is the next holiday coming up.

The first thing that comes to mind is pumpkin pie, but then not everyone likes that spice. Definitely need at least one other flavor to add to the special menu with it.

I pull my computer up and look through the different flavor additives I can buy. Oh, maple!

Can definitely work with that. I add it to the cart along with everything needed for the pumpkin one. I end up with a grand total and make the purchase. Speed shipping is my friend, since I can get all the supplies in by tomorrow thanks to overnight.

It is always exciting to get in the shop and taste out flavors. The maple though could have it with or without a different variety of nuts. I do want both options available just for the customers that can not have nuts, due to allergies.

I am thinking over and writing down different recipes when my phone rings. Picking it up to see it is Maddy.

"Are you alive?" I ask, skipping over hellos.

"Barely. I seen you drinking away last night. Who was that stud you was talking too?" Maddy asks.

"I don't know, but I want to find out. He knew how to move." I answer.

"Oh my God! You finally done it and got out there. Way to go girl! See the real deal is better than those toys you have." Maddy laughs.

"Seen you with a guy. Guessing that was the same one from the shop." I redirect the conversation.

"Oh yeah, he was amazing last night. I just walked into my apartment." Maddy giggles.

"All nighter." I laugh.

"What are you up too since we are not in the shop today?" Maddy asks, like she already knows my answer.

"I just came up with Thanksgiving flavors. The order has been placed and coming in tomorrow, so I can play around with the flavors." I tell her.

"You know there is still an actual week before Halloween right? You have time." Maddy sighs.

"I have nothing better to do and this is fun." I roll my eyes even though she can't see me.

"True. Well, wanted to make sure you are home and not some where random still drunk or something." Maddy says.

"You know me better than that." cue eye roll again.

We hang up a few minutes later. I go right back to searching through the website that I buy our supplies from.

May come out with new flavors for year round. I definitely wouldn't complain.

Even though I am still looking, I notice my mind is still going to the stranger from last night.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

It should seem Scarlett is a busy body and not able to be still for long periods at a time. Not to mention she isn't taking a day off from coffee, it seems to be her life even when not in her shop.

It is like Scarlett's mind is trying to place the guy from last night but no luck there.

Will she be able to find her guy from last night?

Anyone want to take guesses on next things to come possibly? I love seeing what everyone thinks, haha.