Chapter 34

One simple wire to a machine can cause the little nerve damage

One simple wire to a machine can cause the little nerve damage. Feeling should start returning within a few days is what the doctor had said.

I honestly didn't think it would have been that hard to fix, they even give you the manual with the area of problems.

Learned my lesson with that type of stuff, so a call to the company will have to do again. Or just go on and get a whole new machine.

Seriously, need to just stop thinking about it for today anyways. I asked Liam where we was going because I did notice we was headed the opposite direction of the houses.

Grateful is exactly how I am feeling that Liam brought us all the way out here. Sure, I am a little confused a play ground right at dark. It is empty out here this time of day for it being a Saturday night.

Right when I go to eat on a fry the park in front of us seems to combust into thousands of lights. Feeling when my eyes go wide, I take in all the Christmas lights that are decorating the area.

Everything glows from the white, blue and yellow lights.

I move the container of food to the middle seat and giggle at it all. After taking Liam's hand I squeeze and let it go. I am quick to open the door and step out of the truck.

Slowly, I walk up on the play ground and look at everything in a circle. Noticing Liam is just a few seconds behind me, holding his hands in his jeans.

That image of him standing like that is enough to make me wet. I turn back around and see the swings just a few steps over, so I walk over and sit on it.

Liam moves but stands a few feet away from me on the swing. His hand moves and I make out his phone. I give him the biggest smile I can and hear the small click sound. This is beyond sweet bringing me here, even if it is just a little cold.

The small park and play ground area is lit up so beautifully. You can tell they took time and care in placing the lights.

Liam walks up to me and is smiling himself. He gets in front of me and stops.

"Join me, it's fun to swing again and be a little kid." I laugh.

Liam grabs my leg just right to where it stops me in the swing.

"That is no fair!" I giggle, holding onto the chain and hoping my right hand is holding it well enough.

"I got a different idea." Liam smiles gently.

I watch as he lets his weight drop nice and slow in front of me and his knees are on the ground. Liam holds onto my leg with one hand and looks up at me, with a sparkle in his eye.

Liam takes my right hand and kisses each finger that is still numb.

"Scarlett you look amazing sitting here on this swing. The lights bring out your chocolate eyes even moreso." Liam smiles up to me.

I can feel a small blush creeping up at his sweet words.

"Seeing how excited you get for Christmas decorations and lights, brings back so many childhood memories with you. There is only one that stands out the most to me right now." Liam chuckles some, with a different tone I haven't heard from him before.

"What is that memory?" I ask curious to figure out the emotion he is trying to hide.

"Do you remember right before I moved, we played with the dolls?" Liam asks.

"Of course I do. You had the boy and I had the girl. We pretended they got married and you gave me a blue candy ring and said it was a promise to me that you would marry me one day. Then we moved the dolls to dance and you was not good with moving the boy around at all." I laugh, thinking back to all those years ago.

"I am keeping a promise to you here, tonight." Liam whispers, pulling his other hand from his pocket.

The most beautiful light blue gem sits on a silver band.

"Scarlett Emma, I love you with everything I have

"Scarlett Emma, I love you with everything I have. You was my first love and I didn't even know it back then since we was kids. Now, I know without a doubt that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So tonight I ask you with a real ring. Will you marry me?" Liam looks up at me, with his eyes glistening.

"Yes! Yes!" I wrap my arms around his neck and he is quick to catch me. I throw my weight at him and we lay on the ground.

I kiss him with everything I have and feel when one hand holds my back to him and the other still holds the ring.

Pulling back, I see Liam smiling at me. He raises us up to where I am sitting straddle of his lap, as he holds up my left hand and places the ring on my finger.

I look at the gorgeous stone and kiss his lips again.

"This is one I will cherish forever and can't be eaten." I giggle.

"I can still get you a sucker one if you want." Liam jokes.

"Don't you dare. This is perfect!" I kiss him again.

I was not expecting this at all and he surpised me just right. Even bring up our last memory together as children should have rang a bell where he was headed with this but it didn't.

"When did you even get time to buy a ring?" I ask, curious since we have spent pretty much all our time together.

"The morning you went in early to figure out the last coffee flavor. I went outside of town to buy it." Liam smiles at me.

"I thought you had ordered it and never knew." I smile looking at the sparkling gem again.

"Nope. It has been sitting in my glove box the entire time." He kissing my hand.

I stand up and Liam is quick to stand up with me. He wraps an arm around me as we walk back to the truck.

"Take me to your place." I whisper in his ear.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Anyone swooning?  To cheesy or just right for these two love birds?

Scarlett was not expecting it and made it seem even sweeter. That definitely got her over the little hate with that machine.