Chapter 63

Life can't get much better than it does right this second

Life can't get much better than it does right this second. Today is the day that I am marrying the love of my life.

It has been almost three weeks since Lucas was born. Between Scarlett and I, we have a little routine that has been working out great for us. It also allows us both to get sleep and tend to Lucas.

The only time that Lucas will fuss really is when he is hungry. Scarlett has pumped from time to time making bottles, but he flat out refuses to take the bottle. It makes me laugh honestly.

The last three weeks have been peaceful though. Our shops are growing and booming even more with each passing month. Almost to the point that I will be needing to hire someone to help out too.

We have found out the Chad will be going to prison for a minimum of fifteen years. He was found guilty on the charges for damage to my shop and attacking Scarlett while pregnant. That charge alone got him ten years minimum for doing that to her.

I have been relieved about it, but I think it should have been more. To the point of just being grateful that he is out of our lives for that time anyway with no headache.

"Hey man! You ready to get to the shop?" Alex bounces in, smiling.

"Yeah, I got the monkey suite on." I laugh.

"Nope, you're missing this." Alex holds out the small orange flower.

I laugh and take to pin it on the suite.

"Now you are ready. Hop in, I will drive you there." Alex waves, while I lock up the front door.

The one thing that didn't make sense to me is that I got ready here at the house. While Scarlett and the girls get ready at the shop.

Last night they fixed the shop so that everything was ready for today. Scarlett's thing is at least all she would have to do is walk out the back door and around to the front door. She didn't want to get dressed here at the house and then drive all the way there when Lucas may needing tending to in between.

Locking up the front door, Alex shakes my hand.

"Did you ever think this would be our life? Marriage for us both and you have a son." Alex smiles.

I go over everything and smile like a fool myself.

"I wanted all of this but I got something better. I got Scarlett my best friend and I think that is what makes this even better."

We get in the truck and Alex takes us towards the shops.

My mind goes over everything leading up to today. All the little binker moments, to the moments where I was worried out of my mind for her to just laugh, to the happy times that brought me to tears.

A part of me knows that even though it was just a year ago today that we met after twenty years apart, that this is just the beginning of our lives together.

I keep trying to go over vows and I am afraid I will mess this up, but neither of us wanted to do traditional vows.

Scarlett and I both have talked about it hard, but we won't be taking a honeymoon. We figure maybe in the future we will do something special, if either of us can really stand being apart from the shops for any length of time.

We were going to take Lucas with us of course, but that isn't what stopped us either from going on one. The simple fact that we wouldn't be capable of being together, as husband and wife is to why Scarlett has been against it.

Scarlett has done things to help relieve the arousal I have had, even though I would never ask her too. It makes me feel awful that I can't do anything to help her though. Although, I do have something major set up for when she is finally able to take me again.

Maybe this time we will have protection that will work, because even though I want more kids. We are not ready to have them so close.

Alex parks the truck.

"Here we go! I am so happy for you dude!" Alex gets out.

I step out of the truck and smile so hard at the shop in front of me. We walk in the front door and the guy is here for the ceremony, having got here early.

Mom is standing off to the side talking with him, with Lucas asleep in the stroller. Maddy is on her knees fixing his little tux.

I hope they got pictures of him in that. Even if I can't stand suites that is just to cute on him.

"Hey Mom." I hug her from the side.

"I am so proud of you son." Mom starts to tear up.

"None of that yet." I chuckle, handing her the tissue in my pocket.

I bend down and kiss Lucas on the head. He swarms and gives me a scrunched up face, not liking to be distrubed in his sleep.

I take a quick look around the shop and smile at the sunflowers I see placed around.

Oh, I almost forgot one thing that I brought with me.

"Mom, watch Lucas for a minute please. I need to run out to the truck for something I brought."

I run back to the truck and grab the picture of her parents. I wasn't sure what to buy for Scarlett, but this came to my mind with her parents she has mentioned how it makes her sad they can't be here.

I walk in and place the picture down on the counter.

"That is beautiful son, Scarlett will love that here with us today." Mom smiles, patting tears away.

A phone dings and we all look around.

Alex grabs his. "Hang on one second, I have to do something."

It leaves me confused on who would be texting him. Maddy gives him a smile and nods her head. I watch as he goes out the front door then disappears.

What is going on?

Where is Scarlett? Our ceremony is supposed to be starting in three minutes.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Wedding day!

Is it amazing that Liam brought a picture of Scarlett's parent's?

Liam is confused but do you know what's going on?