Chapter 48

It is finally Saturday

It is finally Saturday. I am so ready for tomorrow, since we are closed. I am beyond ready to be able to stay home and not worry about trying to keep the morning sickness under wraps.

It is now mid March and I am a little over nine weeks pregnant. My doctors appointment was two weeks ago and we found out just how far along I am. Which all adds up considering when my period was late and finding out on Valentine's Day.

My due date is the beginning of October. Liam and I have talked about moving our wedding out to the end of October. We think it would be sweet to make it on the day of the Ball from this past year when we reconnected.

Liam and I decided to not tell anyone around us just yet, but that is getting hard. Especially in the last few days, Merissa and Maddy keep giving me weird looks when I have to excuse myself suddenly.

Doesn't help one specific coffee flavor makes the morning sickness worse. The smell just seems to strong when it makes and never fails it is one ordered twice a day.

I make a mad dash for the back bathroom yet again. It feels like I spew everything until nothing is left. I clean up and grab the spare toothbrush to clean my teeth.

Once I am refreshed, I walk back out front and look over stock with it being our slow time.

"Are you feeling okay, Scarlett? You seem a little pale." Merissa asks, watching me closely.

"You are like a ghost. Maybe you should go home." Maddy chimes in.

I slowly shake my head. "I am fine."

"You have been back and forth lately. Is something going on?" Merissa continues questioning.

"Not to mention the last month you have been unsually quiet." Maddy hums, stepping up to me with her hands on her hips.

I continue to count the stock on add ins.

"Scarlett." Maddy taps her foot, smiling at me.

"What?" I stand looking at her, trying to sound completely clueless.

"Girl, I know something is going on. Spill." Maddy smirks.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I shrug.

I start walking to the back to count stock there, needing to get out of this somehow.

"Fine. I will just call Liam over." Maddy sighs.

"Something is going on honey. I am starting to worry about you. Maybe Liam should come over and take you to see a doctor." Merissa chimes back in.

"Really, it is all okay. No reason to have Liam come over, he is busy right now with everything over there." I sigh.

I am to late as Maddy already had her phone in her hand before I could tell them.

Watching a moment later, Liam starting to cross the road. He enters within less than a minute.

I wave him over to me.

"Son you need to take her to be seen. Scarlett has not been looking well for almost two weeks now." Merissa worries.

Liam looks down at me and I give him a small shrug.

"Might as well tell them now." Liam whispers.

"We wanted to tell you, but was waiting to get to the second trimester. I am pregnant." I give them a small smile, just as the morning sickness starts to rise again.

Maddy and Merissa pull me right out of Liam's arms. They hug me and the sudden movements, makes me hold my mouth and run right back to the bathroom.

Liam is right with me and hands me everything to clean and freshen up yet again. I am officially over this part of pregnancy. Right now, there is asboutely no glow whatsoever.

"I knew it wouldn't last trying to hide it once this started." Liam smirks.

I send a glare, causing him to swallow hard.

"That is another reason it wouldn't have been able to be hidden longer either. Your hormones have been all over the place."

"That was one time! I cried one time and it was a happy part in the movie." I try to defend myself.

"Hmm, if you say so Doll." Liam kisses my cheek and goes back out front.

I am putting the brush back in the bag and in the desk.

"Does she need anything?" I hear Maddy ask.

"I am good." I answer, walking back out front.

"This is splendid news! I know just how to celebrate it too. How does dinner at my house sound tomorrow?" Merissa perks up.

I nod my head and smile.

"That sounds fanstatic Mom." Liam agrees.

"You and Alex are invited too, Maddy." Merissa adds.

"Sounds perfect. How far along are you? Oh gosh, we have to shop. Plus, you need some pampering!" Maddy rambles.

I take Maddy's hand to stop her before she can continue.

"Nine weeks, so we don't even know the gender yet."

Liam gives me a quick kiss. "You can let Alex know now too." I smile.

He nods and walks back over to the shop.

"There is so much to do!" Maddy starts up again.

Merissa snickers at how excited Maddy is, but my eyes go wide when she starts rambling off all the things she claims I will need.

"What would you like for food wise? I want to whip up a feast tomorrow." Merissa asks.

"I am not picky and the cravings have not hit that hard yet. Other than maybe something on the salty side." I think over it.

"You got it! The salty side seemed to help curve the morning sickness when I was pregnant with Liam." Merissa keeps smiling.

"Is your wedding still going to happen in August." Maddy catches my attention.

I tell them what Liam and I are wanting to do. The entire time they both awed and thought it would make it sweeter.

"You have a wedding coming up first, that we have to plan for." I smile, trying to redirect the attention to Maddy.

"Oh! We got this and will get all the planning done out for my wedding, your baby shower, shopping, and your wedding." Maddy starts making a list on some plain paper.

I don't even try to stop her, knowing she has always needed lists and loves making them.

We finish out the rest of the day in a happy atmosphere. Bidding everyone a good evening we all leave after I lock up, figuring out a time to be at Merissa's tomorrow.

A/N----
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Had a little time jump.

Being pregnant changed their wedding date. It's sweeter being right at Halloween for them though right?

Maddy is more than happy to be planning everything out!

Dinner at Merissa's is coming up next!