Chapter 46

Valentine's Day is here and call me whatever, but I am happy about it

Valentine's Day is here and call me whatever, but I am happy about it. I drove into the shop early this morning just to get everything ready for the day.

It seems like certain holidays we are busy and this is another one that we are. Through the years, I have heard many stories about engagements or heart breaks on this day.

I go the extra mile and even make all the sandwiches into hearts. I put the cutter down and put the sandwiches in the oven to heat them.

I make a face letting my lips curl in looking at the sandwiches. It didn't really register that the heart broke ones may not want a love type sandwich.

Shrugging my shoulders, they can at least say the food loves them. Right?

Walking out front, I flip the open sign on and unlock the door. Maddy and Merissa walk in laughing. We all bid good morning and get to start the machines up for the day.

My timer goes off and I walk to the back. Pulling the sandwiches out, I get them placed neatly on the little cute paper just for today. Merissa and Maddy walk back to get the pink cups for today and they both laugh at the sandwiches.

"Those are to cute to even eat!" Merissa laughs, with Maddy agreeing.

I take them out front and place them in the display box.

The bell rings and I look up to see Liam walking in. He is holding some beautiful lillies in his hand.

"My Doll, these are for you." He smiles handing me the small vase.

I smell them and set them on the counter, turning back to face Liam as he hands out a blue candy ring to me.

My eyes go wide and I am so ready for that small sweet treat.

"Thank you!" I exclaim, taking the candy and leaning over the counter to kiss him.

"What has you so happy? Oh." Maddy stops.

I pull back from Liam.

"I love how happy you get over a simple dollar piece of candy." Liam kisses me again.

I make him a coffee up and he takes it.

"Oh, tonight I am taking you to our place." Liam kisses me one more time before he leaves the shop and goes across the street.

"So, you get excited over a blue piece of candy?" Maddy hums.

"That I do." I giggle.

"Oh dear, she used to love those as a child. Anything blue flavored Scarlett would take in a heartbeat." Merissa chirps, rememebering back.

"That is neat to know about you. Here I thought I knew it all." Maddy laughs.

We go about the day and before I know it lunch time is here. I make my way to my office and pull my phone out going over the calendar.

Stopping immediately, when I see the red mark. Thinking over the last week, and everything I have bought. There is one thing that stands out, I haven't had my monthly cycle and I haven't bought anything for it.

I run out of the office with my bag.

"Hey, I need to run and get something. Do you guys have everything for a few minutes?" I ask the others.

"Sure." They both nod.

I walk down the street and thankful that Liam is under a van from the looks of it. Going straight into the pharamcy, I go over to the womens section and they have so many different test that it blows my mind. How am I to know which one is the best?

Grabbing the one that simply saying pregnant or not pregnant, I purchase it and walk back to the shop. Slipping in the back door, the others are still tending to customers.

I go right in the restroom and lock the door. I open the box and read over the instructions. I do exactly what it says and wait the time as the little lines blink slowly. This wait is torture.

Next thing I know, the test stops blinking. I pick it up and it clearly states pregnant.

My heart flutters, as a wave of nerves and happiness takes over. We was so careful lately, but guess that doesn't count. Actually, one accident in the last few months has happened with the condom breaking.

I knew this was a chance, because I am not on any birth control myself. Not being able to tolerate the ones the doctors tried me on, I just gave up and not been on anything.

I put the test into my bag, washing my hands and placing everything in my desk.

Walking back out front, I help serve customers.

"Did you get what you needed?" Maddy asks, giving me a funny look.

"Oh yeah, just had to get Liam a little gift for today." I give her a small smile.

I hate the fact, I told her something that isn't true. Then again it could be true. I guess finding out I am pregnant is a little surprise for him.

First he needs to know, before I tell anyone else. How do I tell him though? When do I tell him?

My mind keeps turning over and over. It is enough to make me start feeling crazy. How I am tending to customers and my mind still thinking over it?

I smile over at the flowers and finish off the candy. This was sweet for Liam to get me something on today even though he didn't have too at all.

"Scarlett, you're sure that everything is okay?" Maddy asks, once again.

"I am great." I nod.

"Maddy is right though. You have seemed like something has been on your mind." Merissa chimes in.

"All is good, promise." I smile.

"You're up to something." Maddy shakes her head.

Dang it, she does know my signs of thinking.

"Okay. You're right, but I can't tell either of you yet just exactly what is up." I whisper, turning around to wipe the counter off.

They both hum and help to finish cleaning for the day. Liam walks in and holds up a bag of food, along with Alex following the same moves.

"Are you ready m'lady?" Liam smirks.

"I am starved." I take his hand.

Maddy walks over and takes Alex's hand.

"You kids have fun! I am going home and watching some romantic movies." Merissa laughs heading out for the night.

Maddy and Alex walks out, after bidding a goodnight.

Liam guides me out the door and I lock it up for the night.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Surprise!? Playing kind of safe and still got pregnant.

How will Liam take the news?

Good Valentine's Day or no?