Chapter 50

Liam's voice being raised makes me get up quickly from the table

Liam's voice being raised makes me get up quickly from the table. Rounding the corner, right when Liam's hands ball up and he finishes telling Chad that no one would take his case.

I go to step foward, but Alex puts his hand out gently stopping me. His focus goes back on Liam. Alex is right, I don't need to step up behind Liam when he is this mad.

"So, you're my son." Chad, I am assuming, is looking Liam up and down.

"I am not your son." Liam grits out.

"Sure you are. You're half of me to even be here. You was just such a patheic little boy and never manned up even at a young age. No matters, you owe me the money too then." Chad has spit coming out of his mouth.

I stare at Liam as he starts to shake.

"Get off the property now before I call the cops." Merissa all but screams.

"You think you can order me around?" Chad laughs.

"Leave now." Liam steps up, making Chad step back.

"You're nothing, I could take you where you stand." With that Chad throws a fist straight for Liam.

I watch in horror and hold my scream in.

Liam is quick to drop back out of reach for Chad's fist. He comes right back at Chad and lands his right hook on the target, making Chad fall back on the ground. Chad spits out blood, as Liam goes to step up closer to him raising his fists again.

Alex gets out the door and grabs ahold of Liam's fist that was fixing to swing. Taking the hit, himself.

I run out as Merissa cries. Stepping out in front of Liam, putting my hands on his chest. Stopping him from getting closer to Chad, who has been smart enough to stay down on the ground.

Chad doesn't say anything getting up, but I can feel him staring at Liam and I.

Hearing the crunch on the grass going away from us. I turn my head and Chad has got his car door open staring at us.

"Be lucky your little slut stopped you. I was just getting warmed up." Chad flips us the bird and jumps in his car, squealing his tires.

I look back at Liam, who is breathing hard.

Maddy steps out of the house with a wet cloth to clean the small amount of blood from Alex's busted lip.

Liam spins and sees what he done.

"I am so sorry." Liam sighs rubbing his hands down his face.

"Man, how many times have I stepped in to stop you. I knew better." Alex laughs, wiping the blood off.

I walk over to Merissa and give her a tight hug.

"I am so sorry. This is my fault." She cries.

"No Mom, this is not your fault. We just need to find out how he got your address." Liam comes over and hugs her.