Chapter 39

I wake up early and smile

I wake up early and smile. It is Christmas day and I am excited for once in years.

Slipping out of bed is a task, with how tangled Scarlett and I are. I need her to sleep for another five to ten minutes at the least.

It is a surprise for her, but I did get her several little gifts. We hadn't talked about it but I wanted to get her something. I was sneaky and had ordered things online, which got sent to my shop. That is where I even wrapped them myself.

I throw on a pair of boxers and tip toe to the closet. I thought I was a light sleeper, Scarlett is just as light of a sleeper as I am most of the time.

Piling the gifts in my arms, I make my way to the living room where the tree is. I stop when I spot stockings on the fire place and gifts under the tree.

Why that little sneak girl of mine. She must have done that last night while I was asleep. There has been so many times in such a short time that Scarlett has surpised me. At this point, I should be ready for just about anything.

Placing the items down, I step back and look at the beautiful tree.

This is definitely a Christmas to remember

This is definitely a Christmas to remember. I have my beautiful girl in our bed and engaged to marry her. I couldn't ask for more in my life than what I have right at this moment.

"Merry Christmas." Scarlett comes up and wraps her arms around my waist from behind.

"Merry Christmas, Doll." I pull her around in front of me and kiss her lips.

Scarlett looks down and her eyes widen at the gifts.

"Looks like we both had the same little sneak idea." She laughs.

"That we did. Do you want to open them now or later on today?" I ask her.

Scarlett smirks and seems to just fall down to the floor, dragging me down with her.

"Guess that is my answer." I smile. We hand each other the gifts and then we start opening them up.

I got Scarlett some fancy coffee grounds for here at the house, a small make-up kit, a new blouse, and a small figurine.

I open my gifts and see that Scarlett bought me an expensive tool set in both standard and meteric sizes, a sweater, riding gloves, and the last box said open with care. I slowly open and see Scarlett staring at me.

Inside the box is a large photo of us at dancing at the Ball. We didn't even know who we was to each other at the time but the look we are giving each other is the same we do now. The picture was taken at the right time and we was next to back drop with little ghost and shining black streamers.

"How did you get this?" I ask, staring at the picture.

"The town has a page and someone had taken it of us. So, I took the picture and had it blown up." Scarlett smiles.

I stand up and hang it on the wall immediately above the fire place.

"That is a beautiful place for it." Scarlett wraps an arm around me, while I pull her in close to me.

We both throw the paper away and get dressed for the day. Scarlett moves about the kitchen. I offered to help and once she said she had it, I decided to sit at the counter and just watch her.

A knock on the door brings me out of watching her cook. I walk over to the front door and my palms sweat some. I don't even look out the side window. I sent Mom my address after we spoke last Monday, but haven't heard from her since.

I open the door after a deep breath, to see my Mother standing there with a few gift bags in her hand.

"Hi, Mom." I smile.

Mom steps up and hugs me tight.

"Hello, baby." She rubs my back, sniffing.

"I am so sorry Liam." She mumbles.

I pat her back and pull back to see her face stricken with tears.

"It is okay, Mom. You are here now. Come on in! Scarlett is already cooking up a storm in there." I guide her in.

Mom stops in her tracks when we round the corner and sees Scarlett moving around.

"Scarlett, Mom is here." I announce.

Scarlett spins and gives her the biggest smile. "Merry Christmas, Merissa!"

"Merry Chirstmas sweet girl." Mom sniffs and runs over dropping the bags, pulling Scarlett into a bear hug.

I watch as Mom crys and Scarlett gets teary as they talk about her parents and she tells Mom they past eight years ago.

One of the pans starts to smoke and I move over quickly to take it off the burner.

"Well, there goes the creamy sauce." Scarlett laughs, drying her eyes.

"We don't need it really." Scarlett puts it off the the side to cool.

Mom and Scarlett shoo me back to the stool, as they both cook and Scarlett tells her how to finish up one of the things that was cooking.

Within no time, the three of us are at the table and eating together.

The conversation seems to flow freely, as we talk about the wedding we want to do in August and our shops. Mom said how she was so proud of the both of us to be so young and successful.

Mom seems to be herself, that I haven't seen in twenty years. My Father done to much damage and one day I may learn the how and why, but now I don't care as long as Mom stays happy like this.

Mom gives Scarlett and I small gifts, we each got hand made items. Scarlett got a little cup holder with lilly designs on it and I got a small tool bag with my name on it.

Scarlett surpirsed me when she came back from the room and gave Mom two little bags. Mom cried some more and we sat and talked until dark, before Mom said she needed to go back to her house.

Happiness isn't a strong enough word for how I feel after today. For the first time in years, my Mom seemed like herself and we actually talked with no fighting.

I want to say it is all thanks to Scarlett the love of my life. My girl has this thing about her that helps everyone around her.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Think Scarlett got Liam an good gift with picture she found. It being a photo of them from the Ball.

Liam's mom did arrive and turns out to be an amazing Christmas for all of them. Something they all three needed and one they probably won't forget.

Now to see how things go!