Chapter 32

There is two weeks until Christmas and Liam is acting funny

To me at least he is acting funny. It is not a bad funny, just more like a happy funny. I figure it may because of Christmas coming up.

The new coffee flavor for the fourth one has been out for a weeks time now and is one of the biggest hits. It is a cherry caramal. That one and the sugar cookie caramal is two of the best sellers. The chocolate peppermint one comes running up right behind them and sure enough the eggnog coffee is not doing well.

Which is all fine. That is why I try to have several options available. Although, the cherry one maybe a new add on for year round.

Currently, I am trying to fix one of my coffee machines. It started acting weird yesterday. So, now I am standing here with the manual open for it.

It seems to be wanting to run to hot and it almost gives the coffee a burn flavor. Which seems odd, but it is ruining the coffee it makes and I will not have customers buying awful coffee. They pay for good coffee and I will make sure they get it.

I walk back to the office and grab my tool bag. Since, I have tried contacting the service team and it turns out to be a joke. I spent over an hour just trying to get a person to answer and not some robot system, only for the representative to tell me get a new machine and hang up.

Maddy has been running the other machines a little harder this morning during the morning rush, just to keep up with the demand and this machine not working.

How hard can it be to pull the back off and check over the components? The machine is already unplugged and has been since yesterday evening.

Sure, I have enough money to buy a whole new machine but this one is under warranty. Why the tech person was so rude is beyond me, because I think I sounded friendly and simply asked for someone to come look at it for me.

I finally get the screws off and pull the panel off the back, so I lay the panel on the cart next to me.

"I thought someone would be coming out to look at it." Maddy pipes up.

"Guess not, the representative hung up when I had ask if someone could." I mumble looking at the wires.

There is so many bundles of wires and most of them are tied together.

"Maybe we should call the company again?" Maddy suggests, when she looks at it with me.

"Just to be hung on again after waiting over an hour. No, thanks. I will read through the manual and see if it tells me anything first." I pick up the book.

The bell on the door rings out, letting us know a customer is in the store. Maddy puffs at me and spins around. I listen as she tends to the order with the kindness we always do.

I scan through the table of contents. Finding a secton that has a problem and resolution chapter in the manual.

Score! See can't be to hard if they have that in an owners manual. Right?

I go through the most obvious check list, machine is unplugged and panel removed already.

The door bell rings again and each time it takes a little of my focus away from the task I am working on.

So the blue and red wire is not supposed to be touching. I look up and see that they are according to the diagram picture to what I am actually seeing. The simple little blue wire is not plugged in the spot it is supposed to be, that is probably the reason it malfunctioned.

It doesn't say to use any tools to move them apart. I shrug my shoulders. How hard can it be to plug the simple wire back in? The red wire is supposed to be the live wire from what I just read.

Laying the book back on the cart, I spin to the machine and pull out the blue wire. I check the tip of it and it looks normal and not fired. Well, normal to me since I don't know how it is supposed to look really.

I am not crazy enough to test the wire by touching the metal part, so I hold onto the blue tape wrapping around it.

I plug it in the spot it shown it belongs. As soon as the wire is right at starting in the spot, a major pop sounds out and a shooting pain happens in the three fingers of my right hand.

The only thing I hear is my own voice, squeal out and I am quick to jump back while craddling my fingers. I stare at the machine in a mild hate, as a small line of smoke comes from the spot.

"What in the hell is that?" Liam's voice rings out from around the front of the machine.

Next thing I know he got behind the counter and the machine to see me still holding my fingers.

The smoke has already stopped coming from the machine, but the smell it caused and some of the smoke lingers right around me.

I look down quickly, like an idiot I want to make sure I didn't pee on myself with that. Bringing my gaze back to the three zapped fingers, I see they are still there but numb.

Okay, definitely calling company back now. I will just learned my lesson by just trying to do things myself. Not my field of knowledge and I will gladly stick to making the coffee.

Liam grabs my hand and when he touches the fingers, I don't even feel it.

"I don't feel that on my fingers." I mumble out.

"Come on let's go. I am taking you to the emergency room." Liam huffs, not looking very happy at my hand.

"What about your coffee? You always get one at lunch time. Plus, I can't leave Maddy here during lunch rush hour." I try to get out of going to the hospital.

"I got this Scarlett. You need to get checked." Maddy's voice pipes up behind Liam's tall frame.

Liam puts a hand behind my back and leads me out the back door.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Scarlett was hard at work with her shop and the new flavors going through her mind.

Which Scarlett has noticed Liam acting different. Who is excited to see how she reacts when he pops the question?

Although, the proposal may be at a stand still with Scarlett getting herself hurt. Rude of the company to do her dirty when she had warranty.

Scarlett strong headedness got her a little zap though when it comes to the machine. Liam was there to hear it all and his protective side kicked in.

Did Liam over react?