Rebirth

Once I became conscious, I was now in a dungeon cell which was 5 meters in width and 5 meters in length. I was held up by chains attached to the ceiling.

I tried to break free but to no avail, because I couldn't channel enough physical strength or magic to break these chains.

A Vampire Maid came over with a tray in hand. She had a slender figure, small bosom, pointed ears with sliver hair going down to her mid-back, wearing a black and white maid dress, and red eyes.

"I've brought you some food. You have two options: eat it on your own or we can force feed it to you; either way, you will eat."

"I'm going to unlock one of your cuffs, and even if you try to kill me, you won't be able to since you've been infused with a poison that weakens you." With a cold expression on her face, she said.

I wasn't stubborn, so when she unlocked my cuff, I didn't try attacking her, since I knew she wasn't lying about the weakening poison.

"Why didn't you just kill me already?" I asked.

"My Queen needs you for something, so you will stay alive". She said with a cold expression.

After hearing what she said, I guessed it must've been important, since Vampires would never keep a human alive this long or feed them unless they need them for something.

"In seven days you'll find out it is currently being prepared". She said with a cold expression.

I felt an ominous feeling from her words, which gave me a premonition that something bad would happen in seven days.

She left shortly after putting the tray on the table nearby and closing the thick dungeon door. I chose to eat since I need energy in the future.

I savored the food even though it wasn't that good, because for some reason I felt these next few days would be my last time eating human food.

After I finished my food, the same vampire maid cuffed my hand and took the empty tray away.

Ten minutes later, I sensed someone coming close to the dungeon door with my heightened senses. When she opened the door, I thought she looked familiar, but I couldn't figure out who she was.

She was average height with a slender figure, medium-sized bosom, pointed ears and silver hair flowing down to her back, wearing a black and purple dress, and red eyes.

"Do you remember me?" She said with a smile that reminded me of Watanabe Kurenai's smile.

"It can't be you, Watanabe Kurenai?" I was shocked.

"Yep I am, by the way, since you are going to ask, I have been a vampire since I was born. I came to Ockress City to watch you. I decided the easiest way was to become your childhood friend". She said coldly, with some irritation in her face.

I was utterly shocked because the last person I knew the most turned out to be a vampire.

"The expression on your face makes me happy, it was worth it to do this task that took 17 years". She said while smiling.

"Anyway, I'm leaving. I just came down to see your expression when you see that I am a vampire, bye". She said while leaving with a smile.

After she left the room and closed the dungeon cell door, I eventually came back to reality after figuring it out. It made sense that she was a vampire, since she always went out after I went to sleep in the mansion at the academy.

I decided I would try to escape from this castle before the event that's supposed to happen in seven days. Since I was weakened, it was impossible to use my magic or physical strength to break these High Silver Tier Cuffs.