White Cloaked Puppets

I walked around the city for a few more hours before deciding to head back to the inn since I needed to get back before Kasumi woke up and realized I was gone.

I seemed to have just wandered around aimlessly, but eventually I took the quickest and most direct route to the inn.

On my way through the streets, I noticed many presences standing on top of the roofs, some of them even in the streets that would have been imperceptible to a normal person, but they seemed to be on the lookout for someone or something, actively looking around and not letting anything escape their sight.

I didn't have time to waste on them, so I activated [Shadow Stealth] and leaped onto an empty roof on my way to the inn, but as I came too close to one of the presences, it struck out with its golden white dagger.

*Clang!

I utilized [Aerodynamics] to create an air pocket to launch myself away from the dagger's trajectory, but I was scraped by the blade's edge, causing my [Shadow Stealth] to deactivate and the dagger to strike the roof of the home we were standing on.

"With my Shadow Stealth activated, how were they able to detect and attack me?"
While witnessing my opponent in front of me, I asked myself this question.

The man wore a white and gold hooded cloak that covered his entire body, revealing only his face, yet his eyes were unusually golden white. Like a puppet, his face was stone cold, expressing no emotions at all.

"He resembles one of the stingy men Kasumi mentioned before, but this isn't the real him, what with the odd energy surrounding him and his emotionless face, that gives him a powerful aura. Somebody must have assaulted him, but it has nothing to do with me, since I'm not a hero who would go around saving people; the only thing it has to do with me is that he attacked me " With minor irritation, I thought.

The other presences noticed me and surrounded me now that my [Shadow Stealth] had been deactivated. Hundreds of women, men, and even children appeared in front of me, each donning a white and gold hooded cloak, eyes that were entirely white, and a face which was emotionless.

I teleported behind one of the cloaked men and swung my scythe at his neck after using [Blood Scythe].

*Clang!

He deflected it with his dagger, but was still struck by the edge of my scythe, which regenerated in seconds without him expressing any pain, but what I saw was that instead of blood streaming out of the cut, all I saw inside him was golden white energy, as if he were made of golden white energy.

My instincts screamed out in alarm as a cloaked woman thrust her spear at me from behind before I could attack him once again.

*Pfff!

*Sizzle!

I evaded by bending my back, resulting in the spear being put into the cloaked man's abdomen, but neither he nor the woman who stabbed her own colleague showed emotion.

"Even their own comrades are willing to be stabbed. Are they zombies who have no regard for their comrades?" I thought to myself as I kicked the spear woman's abdomen with the momentum gained from evading.

*Thud!

There were no symptoms of an internal injury to the cloaked spear woman from my kick, and no sound of bones fracturing, leading me to conclude they were merely a mass of energy.

"Can the system provide me with abilities that will aid me in my present circumstances and which I can purchase with my existing skill points?" I asked my system.

[Skills Points: 6300]

[Mana Flow Vision] - A skill that allows the user to detect mana in their immediate surroundings. (Skill Points: 4000)

[Flaw Detection] - A skill that allows the user to see weaknesses or weak areas in your opponent's guard. To deal damage, the user must strike the flaw directly. (Skill Points: 6000)

"So it's either I can see my opponent's defects or I can see their mana flow vision, but mana flow vision won't help me much here. System get Flaw Detection." Internally, I thought.

[Flaw Detection has been acquired]

I deactivated [Blood Scythe] and activated [Flaw Detection] since I needed a Katana or Dagger to use [Flaw Detection] and combat these cloaked figures.

I then used [Blood Authority] to form one dagger and one Katana before striking the cloaked girl from behind with the dagger through her flaw.

*Pfff!

Nothing happened when the katana ran directly through her flaw; it simply phased through it, yet there was no evidence of anguish on her face or any blood gushing out, only golden white energy regenerating her insides.

After I pulled out my dagger, the wound left by my dagger quickly healed, leaving me puzzled.

"So, even if they were hit by a physical flaw, they would not die, but no one is completely immortal. People believe they are immortal, just like vampires are. However, that just applies to age, not anything else. Therefore, they must have a weakness". I examined this internally.

A cloaked man attacked me with his axe, which I narrowly avoided, but I was still struck by the golden white energy emanating from the axe, which I began analyzing because it might provide me with the vulnerability I required.