Demi God Tier Skill

I activated [Void Step], but instead of taking a step forward as I normally would, I stayed in position with my eyes closed, envisioning myself teleporting a few meters forward as I activated [Change Inducement].

[Chaotic Mana: 19,216/28,000]

Since altering the existence of something is difficult at my level, my mana began to drain as stress began to build up on my mind, but I ignored it as it wasn't to bad.

[Chaotic Mana: 18,964/28,000]

My mind was now screaming in pain, but I kept going as I felt that I was nearly there.

...

"Ahhh." I screamed out as I clutched my head

I was able to teleport a minute later, but I was now experiencing the adverse effects of changing the existence of a skill at the tier of Low Gold Tier, which would have normally killed someone at my tier by now, however that didn't apply to me.

*Thud!

I dropped her to my knees as my veins popped out of my skin and tears dripped down my cheeks. I felt as if razor blades and needles were constantly piercing and slicing my mind, ensuring that every region got penetrated or sliced.

Lily had been drenched in sweat by this point, but [Sanitized Metabolism] had taken care of it, as she'd only prevented herself from fainting from the mental strain due to her willpower.

...

The mental strain was mostly gone a half hour later, since I was now able to stand up without trouble, although my head ached.

"I can do at least one more attempt with my current mana supply." I thought as I looked at my mana I had left.

[Chaotic Mana: 9,482/28,000]

I activated both [Void Step] and [Change Inducement] as I did the same process as before, but I could tell that I activated it at least 2x faster.

...

*Thud!

I was able to teleport 30 seconds later, however I was back on the ground as I fainted due to the consistent mental strain without taking a long enough break in between attempts.

(Kasumi's POV)

I heard screaming and was about to rush into the training room, but I decided against it since Lily appeared determined to push through the pain, plus the fact that it would strengthen her, so I'd only intervene if she passed out or was severely injured.

"She appears to have gotten up, but she'll most certainly pass out after this one." I thought with a proud but anxious expression on my face.

I entered the room when I sensed she had fainted, stopped her from smacking her head against the ground, and carried her to her bed in a princess carry.

...

I awoke with an aching headache four hours later, but it wasn't quite as severe as the strain I'd been under while going to alter [Void Step's] existence.

"Can you tell me where I am?" I inquired, as I was still a little dazed.

"You're lying in the your bed within your room." Kasumi reacted with a concerned expression as she sat next to me on the sofa.

"Oh, I see, thanks." I said as my vision cleared.

"Yes, but did you learn the skill you training?" Kasumi inquired, her face curious.

"Yeah." I said it with a smile on my face.

I checked my system notifications and saw that it mentioned.

[Host has acquired skill: Void Shift]

[Void Shift (Proficiency 2%)]

A combination of Void Step and Change Inducement that allows the user to teleport in any direction with just a thought.

Skill Type: Active/Passive

Limitations: Needs high willpower, weaker the willpower slower the activation speed.

Activation Speed: 30 Seconds

"It worked, but I still need to train the skill since it isn't very effective since it takes 30 seconds to activate; however, the more I increase my proficiency, the more the activation speed will decrease." I said it with a smile on my face.

"What skill did you learn to cause this much mental stress?" Kasumi inquired because fainting while learning a skill is uncommon.

"I altered the void step's existence with Change Inducement, allowing me to teleport with a thought rather than taking a step forward." I said with a pleased expression.

"That explains everything; Change Inducement is a Demi God Tier skill, but even that is difficult because it is practically impossible to attain even at Demi God Tier." Kasumi responded with a slightly shocked expression.

"So, if I can withstand the stress, I'll be able to use a Demi God Tier Skill, which is practically impossible even for Demi Gods to obtain." I said, my face brightening even more.

"Yes." Kasumi replied with a serious expression on her face.

"At least I awakened my Demi God Tier Skill, but even with 32 percent Proficiency, I've been unable to handle it since it puts a lot of strain on my mind." Kasumi smiled as she thought.

Kasumi also possesses a rare Demi God Tier Skill that she acquired from her kitsune bloodline as one of the primordials, but the ability was lost over time and none of the primordials retained it until Kasumi was born.

Below the Demi God Tier, there are two ways to obtain a Demi God Tier Skill. The first is innate skills you've acquired through your bloodline or a God Tier being or higher bestowing a Demi God Tier Skill on you. (A/N - There is definitely a third way, but no one has discovered it yet, so it will remain a mystery.)

"It's around noon; are you able to walk around normally, or would you prefer to stay and rest?" Kasumi inquired because she did not want me to go if I was unable to walk.

"I should be fine; it's mostly gone, so I can function normally." I said with a smile as I got out of bed.

"Are you sure?" Kasumi inquired because she didn't want me to exert too much effort.

"I'm alright,"I said this as I grabbed her hand and walked out of the room.

"All right, but if you can't walk, I'll carry you the rest of the way." Kasumi said with a solemn face.

"That's fine." I said as a result of my embarrassment, my face and chest began to heat up.

We left our house and went to the west district, where there were shops and stalls.