A Letter

(Lily's POV)

After Kasumi left the room, Lily fell asleep, but an hour later she woke up and heard a voice muttering.

"Only if I was stronger".

Even though it was just a mutter, I was still able to hear it as if Kasumi was right in front of me with my enhanced senses.

I really wanted to comfort her, but in my current state, I can barely lift myself up into a sitting position. How could I comfort her if it was this difficult just to sit up?

The only thought that circulated through my mind was ways I could help her, but everything I came up with was futile, since it involved me getting out of bed.

I felt like I was walking in a pool of water, which slowed me down, while Kasumi was floating above the water hugging her knees with her eyes closed and tears dripping down her cheeks while drifting further and further away from me, without me being able to do anything to help her.

Soon Lily drifted off to sleep into her dreams, allowing her to finally relax from stressing out on ways to help Kasumi.

...

Next day, Lily woke up early to find a system notification appearing in front of her that displayed:

[The host has recovered from her drastically fatigued state]

After seeing the notification, I also felt that my body was no longer exhausted or wounded from how it was yesterday, which confirmed I was fully recovered.

I left my room, and decided to stay with Kasumi until she woke up.

When I found her, she was on the right-hand side of the sofa hugging her knees while using the back of the sofa as a pillow, which seemed to be wet from what I assumed to be from her crying yesterday.

"She must've been crying out for hours yesterday with the sofa being wet this wet,". I thought while quietly walking over to her.

I found a blanket nearby, which I grabbed and put on her before lying right next to her, while putting her into my embrace, but this time I decided to stay awake, which wasn't too difficult since vampires are naturally nocturnal, allowing them to stay awake during the night.

...

A few hours passed, I was still embracing Kasumi, when she started to wake up, only to see me embracing her, which put a happy smile on her face.

"I'm guessing you heard me last night". Kasumi said while looking downward and avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah I did hear you and your going to tell me why you were crying and muttering those words". I said with a sympathetic expression.

"Do I have to?" Kasumi asked while trying to keep her radiant smile hidden from me.

"Yeah you do, since I already told you mine, you better tell me yours since I can tell you are burdening yourself by holding it in". I said with a brooding and caring expression.

"Fine, I'll tell you if you take me on a date". Kasumi said with a slightly ecstatic expression.

"We can go on a date if you tell me". I said with a conceding expression.

"I guess I should probably tell you now". Kasumi said while pondering with herself when to begin.

She began telling me her past from when she was young, her mother being turned into a vampire in front of her with her being unable to do anything, but just watch before teleporting thousands of kilometers away.

At first she cried for days without eating much, and tried to open the letter from her mother, but was unable to do so since it would be accepting the fact that her mother was now gone from her life.