Starlight (8)

"It appears that I'm interfering with a family reunion, but I need to kill you right now, so extend your neck and I'll kill you quickly; if you resist, you'll die painfully." A lovely woman's voice could be heard from above on a tree branch as she smiled and jumped down.

[(Utsukushī no Lilly) Low Silver Tier - Vampire Princess]

"You're too arrogant for a Low Tier Silver, even if you're the vampire princess." I said, irritatedly looking at her.

She took a step forward and appeared directly in front of me after landing on the ground, which surprised me because of her speed, but I tried to evade her but was thwarted by black tendrils latching onto my limbs and digging into me.

I realized that no matter how hard I tried to stop the bleeding, the wounds caused by the tendrils continued to bleed, albeit only slowly.

"I'll be killing you last." Lily said as she stepped forward and disappeared in an instant.

*Pff! Pff Pfff! Pffff!

*Whimper!

Once the whimper was heard they looked back and saw that 5 of the newborn werewolves have been slaughtered.

As the werewolves surrounded her, a mother werewolf shouted angrily, "You'll pay for killing my daughter."

The werewolves attacked, but my 5 newborn daughters attempted to break the tendrils that bound me. However, when they attempted to remove the tendrils, it sliced straight through everything it came into contact with, leaving wounds that would not stop bleeding.

Lily twirled her scythe through the crowd of werewolves, weaving through the openings between each attack and repeatedly used [Void Step] to evade attacks she couldn't dodge.

"Why is she able to contend and even kill us even though there is many of us and the fact most of us are either the same tier or higher." I thought as she saw Lily slaughter through the crowd of werewolves.

Lily converted her weapon to a dagger and stabbed an approaching werewolf in the eye and temple.

*Pfff! Pffff!

She then leaped off its carcass into the air, evading the claws of another werewolf, and formed an air foothold using [Aerodynamics]. She leaped off the air foothold and descended while converting her dagger into a scythe and swings it at the werewolf's neck

*Pfff!

She sliced the werewolf's neck neatly, killing it instantaneously, then she swung her scythe towards the werewolves around her, changing its trajectory while preserving its momentum.

Pfff! Pffff!

Two mother werewolves had perished, and I'm losing my stamina, which leaves me feeling useless as I can't aid my family due to the tendrils restraining me and my blood being drained.

"Do you have a solution for us to break free from these tendrils, Amoret, as you seem to be the most knowledgeable in magic?" I inquired, with a desperate expression on my face.

"These tendrils contain dark magic, which we can counter with light magic, but every time I use light magic, it's disrupted, so it's futile, sorry mother." Amoret expressed her regret with a remorseful expression.

"It's fine, but it seems our opponent uses a very strong type of magic, which none of us have knowledge about." I said with my expression getting more saddened.

"Why did Rae have to run off, why did we end up in this scenario simply because we smelled Rae's scent, did our opponent set this up, how is she so strong for a Low Silver Tier, were we led into a trap, or were they trying to convert those humans into werewolves and kill them afterwards?" I pondered, but I couldn't come up with a answer to these questions.

While I was talking to myself, Lily continued to slay the werewolves by leaping into the air and forming three needles the color of the galaxy, but laced with a silverish black aura, which she then hurled at three werewolves, instantly killing them.

Lily flicked her finger, allowing many silverish balck threads to emerge from the tips of her fingers which began cutting through the air.

Once they reached the werewolves, they began slicing through them like butter, completely ignoring their defense as if it was nonexistent.

*Slice!

The silverish black threads flickered back and forth, making a loud slicing sound, until Lily quickly retrieved them as she cancelled [Thread Control].

The werewolves were now frozen in place, as if time had stopped, but lines appeared on their body, which all interconnected before their flesh began sliding in different directions where the lines were, until their bodies were nothing but a pile of flesh and blood.

"Noooo." My eyes welled up with tears as I saw my sister being turned into mincemeat.

"I suppose thread manipulation is useful for not only weaving, but also combat, especially against several foes," Lily remarked as she moved over to me.

"You're the Vampire Princess, so why are you doing this?" With a mournful smile on my face, I stated.

"Just because I'm the Vampire Princess, doesn't mean I have to side with the vampires." Lily said coldly as she sliced open a small cut on her finger, causing a small droplet of blood to emerge on the tip of her finger before she flung it into my mouth.

When the blood entered my mouth, I felt a burning feeling that rapidly subsided as I sensed a slight connection with Lily, but what startled me was that she also canceled the tendrils that were restricting my limbs and the bleed effect.

"Since she canceled my restraints, I'll use this opportunity to kill her in retribution for my sister's death." I thought to myself as I dashed towards her, enraged and crying.

When I was inches away from killing her, I felt something stop me, as if I were frozen in ice, but it was space, which wouldn't let me move an inch forward or backward.

"How come I can't move?" I inquired, irritated, as I was so close to avenging my sister.

"How about you kill your daughters slowly while I restrain them?" With a smile on her face, Lily stated.

"I'd never kill my daughters, why sh..." My words were interrupted when my body began to move towards my daughter on its own.