Repairing The Damage

We followed the two farmers southwest of the city and soon saw a vast scorched field with thousands of little and large craters everywhere, as well as several pools of blood, as if someone had been wounded and bled, but no body was found.

"No wonder you can't sell your fruit; it's all destroyed." a woman said, her face gloomy.

"I apologize for not believing you," a man said, reflecting the sentiments of the rest in the crowd.

"I understand that you didn't believe me, but I'm sincerely sorry that I won't be able to sell my fruit," the farmer said, apologising.

I was near the back of the crowd, when Kasumi seemed to grasp what had happened.

"It's probably best if we repair the harm we caused." Kasumi expressed her concern for the two farmers and city residents via telepathy.

"Yeah." I said with a nod.

"We can fix the fields." Kasumi shouted, drawing everyone's attention to us.

"Please fix them if you can, but if you're attempting to deceive us, get out of here." The farmer said with a solemn look.

We walked to the center of the fields, where I activated [Change Inducement], despite the fact that such a significant change would put a strain on my mind, but I did it nevertheless since Kasumi had desired it.

The charred, cratered, blood stained farming field gradually began to regain its former self, as the charred ground flourished green with vegetation sprouting, the cratered ground repaired itself as if it had never been damaged in the first place, and the blood staining the ground washed away, restoring the farm land to its original state.

After I deactivated the skill and fell unconscious in Kasumi's arms, Kasumi activated [Nature Magic], which prompted the fruit trees, bushes, and vines to grow and expand, producing additional fruits.

Thank you so much; we will do anything to repay this favor, and pardon my impoliteness, but may I get both of your names?" The male farmer exclaimed with gratitude in his voice as he was on his knees bowing down to us.

"Her name is Lily, and my name is Kasumi, but there's no purpose in repaying the favor as we caused it, so we were only fixing the damage we caused." Kasumi said as she lifted Lily in a princess carry.

As we damaged the field, many in the audience were startled and furious, but the two farmers didn't appear to matter.

"Even if you destroyed our field in the fight, you still repaired it, therefore I ask again if there is a way to repay you?" With earnestness in his voice, the male farmer inquired once more.

"We're going to Strikver Port, and I can't carry Lily without disturbing her rest, so a carriage will suffice." Kasumi smiled as she spoke.

"The least I can do to repay your gratitude is to buy you a carriage to ride in." The male farmer said a relieved expression on his face.

We returned to the city and followed the two farmers to a carriage house near the city's northeast gate.

"Zular, could you do me a favor?" The male farmer said as he knocked on the carriage house's door.

*Creak!

The door creaked open, and a man with a bald head, average physique, and standing at 67cm (5ft 7) tall emerged. He wore a thin black T-shirt with shorts and had hazel eyes.

"It's been a while, Azin, so what brings you to see me?" Zular said as he stepped out of the carriage house.

"I need you to transport 10 crates of fruit to Strikver Port, and can you bring these Lilly and Kasumi with you?" Azin inquired, a smile on her face.

"Sure, but what happened to the one she is holding?" Zular asked as he observed Lily unconscious in Kasumi's arms.

"She utilized a skill that causes mental strain, leading her to pass out, but she should wake up without any injuries in a few hours." Kasumi smiled as she spoke.

"All well, Azin, pack the crates in my carriage, and I'll let these two ladies tag along." Zular stated as he went to attach the carriage to the horses and take the carriage out of the carriage house while Azin went to his shop to get the crates.

Soon after, a luxury carriage emerged from the carriage house, pulled by two lovely horses, with Zular seated in the coachman's seat.

Azin also returned with a wagon containing ten magic crates, which I assumed would keep them from spoiling.

"Kasumi, you can go with Lily inside the carriage; we'll take care of the rest." Zular said with a smile as he stepped down from the coachman's seat and landed with a small thud.

"All right, thank you very much for taking us." Kasumi stated as she sat down and laid Lilly's head on her lap after opening the carriage door and entering.

Azin and Zular quickly placed the crates into the carriage, so Zular said his farewell to Azin and we were on our way without much of a bumpy ride, which Kasumi appreciated.