Blacksmith Families

It took only a few minutes for me to straighten my hair a bit before exiting my room.

Kasumi took a few minutes longer to get ready than I did because her hair was longer and she had to straighten her tail and change into a different kimono.

She quickly emerged, dressed in a stunning multicolored floral kimono. She approached me as I activated [Human Disguise], giving me human ears and beautiful blue eyes.

"You look gorgeous." I told her as soon as I saw her.

"Thank you, and you, too." Kasumi exclaimed, her face beaming.

She took my hand as we walked out of our house and headed towards the Blacksmith Union, which was north of where we were now.

Many children were running about the southeast section of the city, which contained houses that were neither mansions nor houses, but were somewhere in between.

Some boys pretended to be hunters, while others pretended to be monsters, and the girls pretended to be the hunters wife or daughter, which Kasumi and I thought was adorable and made us both chuckle.

A few little boys, no more than ten years old, noticed us and blushed instantly, as if falling in love with us at first sight, but were too shy to approach us.

"I'm sure they fell in love with us at first sight." Kasumi giggled.

"Yeah, but they're too immature and young." With a smile, I said.

One of the boys, who had a fairly muscular build for his age, brown hair, blue eyes, and was dressed in a red tank top and blue shorts, seemed to toughen up and walk up to us.

"N-nice to m-meet you my n-name is Kazuo." With a shy expression and a tiny blush, the muscular boy said.

"My name is Lily, and her name is Kasumi." With a smile, I said.

Kazuo's blush increased after hearing my lovely voice and seeing my smile, and his nervousness increased as he sought to avoid direct eye contact.

He didn't know what to do other than be nervous and embarrassed because it was his first time seeing such two beautiful women.

"D-do you need any guidance, I-I know where everything is in the city." While trying to mask his nervousness, Kazuo said.

"If you'd like, you can lead us to the Blacksmith Union." Kasumi said, smiling.

Kazuo blushed once again, as he tried to avoid direct eye contact with Kasumi, but he quickly regained his composure and tried to appear like an adult would.

"All right, follow me." Kazuo stated with a smile, looking at his companions who were enviously looking our way.

We followed Kazuo through the streets and soon arrived at the central square where the large massive fountain was located which was beautiful.

"Do you have any recommendations for good blacksmiths, Kazuo?" Kasumi inquired because he knew the city well.

"The three most well-known blacksmith families in the city are Steel Woman , Men's Forge, and Steel Wings."

"Steel Woman is led by the Aikawa Family, a blacksmith family well-known throughout the kingdom for making weapons, armor, and accessories primarily for females, but they also own many smiths throughout the kingdom."

"Men's Forge is led by the Takao Family, a male blacksmith family that specializes in male weapons and armor, but they're just as well-known as Steel Woman, with many Smiths throughout the kingdom."

"The last well-known blacksmith is Steel Wings, which is led by the gender-neutral Saito Family and offers weapons, armor, and accessories, but they don't have many smiths throughout the kingdom, so they make up for it with their crafting skills." With a smile, Kazuo said.

"So, aside from Men's Forge, who do you think would be the best at crafting?" Kasumi inquired, her face puzzled.

"I'd choose Steel Wings, because they don't put as much emphasis on reputation as the other two, focusing instead on their ability, which is the most important for a blacksmith family in my opinion." Kazuo expressed himself honestly.

"I agree with you on that." Kasumi murmured, nodding her head and smiling.

"Can you tell us anything else about them?" I asked Kazuo since they seemed difficult.

"Be careful around the Steel Woman and Men's Forge, especially the men in the Men's Forge, for they are both overbearing because they are nobility with some of them having the mindset of commoners being inferior and weaklings." As we start walking north of the central Square, Kazuo stated seriously.

"That might be a problem." Kasumi expressed her thoughts solemnly.

"The young master of the Takao Family appears to be a lady lover with his several wives that never stop increasing, so therefore you two must always be cautious around him, as he may fall for you, which is problematic to deal with." With a solemn expression on his face, Kazuo stated.

"How do you know so much about this city?" Kasumi couldn't help but inquire.

"I've lived here all my life as a guide, therefore I've studied a lot about the city so that I can aid others." With a smile, Kazuo said.

"Is there anything else?" Kasumi asked with curious expression.

"The Aikawa and Takao families appear to be at odds with one another, with battles between them producing disturbance among the residents and some innocent individuals being killed as a result of their fights within the city." Kazuo expressed his sadness in his words.

"Did their fights cause you to lose someone close to you?" Kasumi inquired, her face curious.

"I lost both of my parents to their battles 5 years ago, forcing me to live in an orphanage. Many of the children in the orphanage where I live experienced the same thing." Kazuo remarked this while wiping tears from his eyes.

"I see, what would you do if you had power?" Kasumi inquired, her face filled with pity and curiosity.

"I would save who needs to be saved and judge the criminals who need to be judged. As for the monsters, vampires, and demons I would kill them in order to save humanity." Kazuo said, his face proud and heroic.

"He's incredibly naive, thinking he can do it all by himself; even if he has the personality or power of a hero, that doesn't mean he'll be able to do what he wants; instead, he might be controlled by higher ups so they don't lose the power they have or be killed early on by simply underestimating his enemies." I said to Kasumi via telepathy.

"True, but I think a naive heroic personality suits him very well." Kasumi smiled and responded through telepathy.

We soon arrived in front of the Blacksmith Union after the remainder of the stroll was uneventful.