Trauma

"We will," Goro escorted Elvira to the door and shut the door after she exited, all the while smiling.

"Goro, did you inform the Hunters Union and the Vampire Slayer Union about our alliance?" Mamiko enquired while grinning.

"Yeah, we did; they agreed to the agreement with us, but the elves are still giving us trouble since they are still suffering from the effects of the past war." Goro sighed as he had been attempting for the previous month without any success.

"They probably assume the impending war has nothing to do with them, but that is naive." Qadir said as he clenched his hand.

"Let them think what they want until it actually starts; they'll join us then." Goro said, appearing to want to change the subject.

"Before the war, Lily must overcome her trauma, or at the very least, make enough progress in recovery to be able to fight." Mamiko said with a smile.

"Yes, however the exact date of when the war will start is unknown." Goro sighed and slumped into a chair.

"We can't hasten her recuperation since doing so will make things worse." Ainu stated in a serious tone.

"All we can do is support her along the way and let her recover herself." Goro stated, a hint of pity in his eyes.

"Yeah." Anzu said as the room was now gloomy.

...

Two days later.

As I lay in bed unable to move and with tears streaming down my cheeks from shock at what Kasumi had done two days prior, memories from that time flooded my mind.

"Why did this happen?"

"Why would she do this?"

"Where am I?"

"Is there any enemies nearby?"

"Did they bring me here."

"Am I going to die?"

All of these thoughts were racing through my head as I struggled to sort out fact from fiction as I was stunned and perplexed by what had happened.

*Knock!, Knock!

"Can I come in?" On the other side of the closed door, a woman could be heard.

She opened the door after I didn't respond, examined my condition, and set a cup of blood next to me.

"How are you feeling?"

No response.

"You should drink since you need the nutrients; I'll take care of the dishes when I return in a half hour."

Once again, no response.

I didn't drink the cup of blood and kept sulking in uncertainty as the woman exited the room and shut the door.

(Outside of Lily's Room)

Mamiko entered the living area after leaving Lily's room, where she found the remaining primordial families, wearing an expression of empathy.

"How did it go?" Goro enquired as soon as Mamiko entered the room.

"She didn't respond, but I could tell she was confused." Mamiko said while smiling subtly.

"Alright, she'll get through this, so please look after her while we prepare for war." Goro said with a smile.

"I know." Mamiko said as she sat down as Kaede lied his head on her lap.

The others returned to their tasks as Mamiko started to gently hum a melody while brushing Kaede's hair.

...

A week later.

For the past week, Mamiko entered Lily's room three times a day for meals, setting a glass of blood on a tray on a nearby table, and tried to speak with Lily before leaving.

"I must be dreaming, she would never do something like this, right?"

"Yes, that's correct; I must be dreaming and will soon awaken from this dream."

Mamiko entered the room once more, set a tray with a glass of blood on it, and then turned to face me. At this point, I was going through the denial stage of trauma.

Before leaving the room and closing the door behind her, she gave me a pitying look, which I didn't notice, leaving me alone in my room, which was illuminated by a window.

Mamiko informed them of my condition when she walked into the living room.

"It appears that she is moving through the early stages of her trauma swiftly, which I hope doesn't cease during the later stages." Goro said as he relaxed his posture.

"True, but how is the recruiting process going?" Mamiko asked, tilting her head just a bit.

"We were able to enroll 5 million new soldiers, and that number is still rising." Goro groaned and sagged back on the chair.

Mamiko stroked the hair from her face and said, "I see.