2. Will Do

"They want what in literally just a day and a halfs time?" My eyes I know are bugged out, with my voice a little pitchy for even my liking

Valan nods her head. "Yeah, it is a lot to ask for. It is just this event is very important and the caterer they had hired previous backed out last minute with the high demands the owner is wanting. They were given more than enough time, but they fell short."

"That is strange how a company just backs out like that if they had been given the time to complete it by." I scrunch up my face.

Valan shrugs. "The owner is very strict but knows what he likes. It was more due to staffing for the previous company. I can say that the price he is willing to pay up front and in full is twice as much."

"How did you catch wind of this? Nothing this big has been posted in any of the major sites where caterers can go and apply for the event." I raise an eyebrow at my best friend.

If there was something like that I would have applied for my company to cater for it.

"The event is actually Laken's, work." Valan smiles lightly.

"The owner has had the same catering company for years and was used for the original owner, but they couldn't do it this time. Laken came to me immediately and was wondering if we could do it."

"What company are we talking about? Laken must work for someone that is really up there." I finally ask, something I have never asked before. It wasn't my business to know anything more than what Valan or Laken gave me. I only knew the basics about Laken which he he works and loves Valan.

"Scenix Clothing." Valan smiles happily, obviously proud of her husband.

My jaw drops. "What the heck! Valan that is the biggest womens fashion line on the market and has been for years. How did Laken get into working there?"

Just because I don't use my money on expensive things doesn't mean I don't know about them. I am not a mole in the ground.

"Laken is actually great friends with the owner, they had grown up together. Kinda of like the family trait." Valan laughs lightly.

"You don't get jealous that Laken is friends with a female and works with her all day long?" I ask and fix our fatijas.

Valan holds her stomach and just about falls off the stool, laughing so hard. She fans her face with one hand.

"I think you may get a shock of your life at the event. I got to tell them what you said." She barely gets out for laughing.

I slide her plate over and take a bite of mine.

"So will you please say we will do this event?" Valan wipes her eyes.

"Yes, we will do the event. I didn't realize it was that close for you, so there is no way I would deny it. Besides, you know I love the challenge and this is sure going to be one to get everything prepped and precooked. Do you have a list on the types of food they are expecting?"