51. Dresses

With a smile on my face, I kiss Aiden before getting in my car and he gets in his

With a smile on my face, I kiss Aiden before getting in my car and he gets in his. He is off to the office while I am off to grocery shop.

I go to the store I have been using and even though it is a short drive, it doesn't bother me. There is no damage here on the outside but I see the natural diaster relief out front of the store asking for donations. Once I park the car, I pull my checkbook out and write up a check quickly since I don't have much of any cash actually on me.

Next thing I do is walk up to the ladies with the folded up check and once she says 'Hi' we get to talking about things the hurricane done. Leaving out my own experience on what happened I listened to a few other horror stories on what happened to people. I shake her hand and she feels the check.

"Please take this and use it for those families that desperately need it." I smile and wave the other ladies.

As I walk away I hear the lady gasp and call out. "Bless you Miss!"

A cart in front of me, I start to stock up on the food that Aiden and I will be needing. For now, I think Val will join me on the catering side of food since that was something we spoke about yesterday too.

It doesn't take long before I have a good amount of food and checked out. Back at my car, I have just loaded the food into the trunk which I am thankful is empty thanks to Aiden getting everything out of the there this morning early after he woke up.

Those items other than the tables really were trashed, so new platters are a must on the list of supplies to buy. I don't want to order them so Val and I will probably make the mini trip to the large kitchen supply store not to far from here, it is just in the middle of the city.

Nothing takes me long on putting up in the kitchen once I get back home and everything out of the car. Just as I put up the last few vegetables my phone pings and see it is Val saying she is here.

I open the back door and she smiles wide.

"You didn't give much of a notice." I laugh.

"No but I can't help the excitement. I mean come on two of my best friends are getting married in less than a week. My husband has dresses at the company and we have got to get you there to try them on. That way the seamstrisses can do adjustments if need be." Val rushes out with the largest smile ever.

I smile and nod. "I just wish Naida could come today."

"She needs her rest too. Plus, I promised her a picture of every thing you try on."

That makes my heart bubble that we are all such great friends. I really do wish my sister-in-law could come, but she truly does need to rest more with my nephew making his appearance soon.

A small pang goes through me once more. Something I have been continously brushing off because there is no room for jealousy.

I get in the car with Val since she insists to drive me there and figures we will be there until they are closing anyways. Even if they aren't I can wait around and get a ride back home with Aiden.