44. Celebrating Tonight

We are in the car and been driving for an hour

My eyes keep looking at my ring as Aiden holds my hand.

The black band is something very different, but the ruby in the heart means so much to me

The black band is something very different, but the ruby in the heart means so much to me. Together we choose this ring because to us this is how we started out by Ruby. It was the safe word that started us having a dom and sub relationship that turned our hearts into love. Those little diamonds on the side really are just icing on the cake.

It is also a one of a kind ring from what the older lady had said. Aiden paid for it and then slipped it on my finger and kissing my hand.

Every since we left the store, the two of us have been in this happy bubble since. I hadn't bothered touching my phone and just enjoying this time with Aiden.

I figure soon we will announce it but together we can figure out how we will do that.

"So you wanted to get married soon."

Aiden hums and nods, keeping his eyes on the road. "I would like to yes."

"Do you have a date in mind?"

"What about in a weeks time?"

My mouth drops open. "That is super fast. With everything going on will we even be able too?"

"If we have to go to the court house I am fine with it. I would like for you to have a dress at the least."

I hide how happy it makes me because I would like that too.

"Why in a weeks time though?"

"It would be officially six months from the day we met."

A wide smile graces my lips.

"That would be perfect. There is just one thing that could be an issue?"

"What is that, Cookie?" Aiden short glances at me with us at a light.

"I have not met your parents."

Aiden takes a deep breath and releases it slowly. His hand comes off the wheel and his fingers rake through his hair.