7. Here To Serve

We get all the food to the section Laken has lead us to that is ours for the night

We get all the food to the section Laken has lead us to that is ours for the night. Valan and I pull out the fancy platter dishes, while Naida and Kelvin get the utensils placed off to the side for the guest to grab and the plates on the side for us to grab for filling up.

"Which things do you want to load the carry tray up with sis?" Kelvin places them on the table and I look over the appetizers that are on the platters ready to go.

"Grab one of those small bowls." I point over to it since I can't reach it at all.

Once he grabs it, I add some of the homemade bar-b-que sauce to the bowl. Placing it in the middle, I fill the first tray with the mini pigs in a blanket. Then for the second tray I take several of the potato skins, using a knife to cut them into smaller bites before adding a toothpick in the middle for easy pickup on one half then on the opposite side of the skins, I place the mini crab cakes following the same pattern.

"Do you think this would be good? It looks elegant and not over crowded." I glance up to Kelvin.

"No that looks good. The guest will be able to easily remove one." He nods.

"Well just making sure with you because this is your area with walking the trays." I laugh lightly. "Oh, once the main course has been served, I will help get those trays wiped down and we can move onto putting some desserts on the trays."

Kelvin nods. "Sounds good."

"Hey guys! How is it going over here?" Laken walks up, and moves to stand behind Valan.

"Going well. Just about set up here." Valan replies.

"We have guests arriving early. So hope that isn't an issue? If you guys are not ready we can let the guest know." Laken looks over towards me.

"Everything is ready, it's not an issue." I smile.

"Kelsie?" Naida pulls me attention from checking over the spread in front of us.

"Yes?" I look up to her.

"We don't have any drinks." She whispers.

"Oh, we have that covered. There is a bar on the side for the guests. As for the other drinks can be found there too. That is how we have set it up for years now. This way, the catering company doesn't get overwhelmed by everything. Since this is a couple hundred guest event." Laken replies smoothly.

That is nice of them. Naida is right though and I never even realized until she mentioned it. I have to pay more attention that is the worst mistake I have ever made. I can't just say that the menu list overwhelmed me either.

Laken leaves a moment after and it is like the following moment more people came pouring into the large room. Valan and Naida tend to getting the plates the guest ask for, while I just keep up with replacing the food on the platters.

Kelvin has came over for a seconds on the trays. In which had a change from the first round, this time he went out with the meatballs and wontons on the trays.

As I am standing back up from my squatted down position, my body tingles like I am being watched. When I glance around with a soft smile, to where it looks less noticeable, my eyes come in contact with a man that stands off to the side with some distance in between.

Without making it seem like I am staring, I get back to placing desserts on new platters. It is close for some of the guest to be ready for them soon.

Why is it all the best eye candy I ever seen, I don't have time to at least say hi? It is not like I can just leave the others to do the work, when this is my business and work too.

Not that it matters, he is probably just trying to figure out if he is wanting to eat or not. There is no possible way he is actually staring at me. Not when just a short time ago the models came out and have been doing their slow walk around.

Some of them are just drop out gorgeous. Nothing I can come close to beating on beauty looks. Because as where they look flawless, I know and accept my flawless.

Right when I stoop down once more to grab the first container of cream hones for the platter, a shadow appears in front of me. I look up and it is the same man.

I stand up with the container and place it to the side. "Good evening, would you like something?" I am surprised when my voice comes out soft and level as normal with events.

"Sure. What would you suggest?" His deep baratone voice matches perfectly with his body. Well, what I can barely there tell of it with him wearing a suite.

"I would suggest appitezers or food from the main course, if you haven't had any yet." I give a kind smile, and motion to the side where Valan and Naida are.

"And if I prefer dessert first?" The man smirks.

I lower my head and bite my tongue, while trying to hold back the smile my body is forcing to be done. With a slight breath, I calm my body from doing anything else against my own will.

"Well then, I am here to serve the dessert you would want. That is if you insist on eating the most unhealthiest first. As it seems desserts are normally enjoyed lastly to round up the delicious meal before hand." I keep my calm and polite voice.

Something seems to pass over his face, before he steels his emotions.

"Kelsie? Do we have more of the meatballs?" Valan's voice comes from behind me. "Oh, I am sorry. I didn't realize you were with a guest."

It doesn't go without my notice how Valan truly expresses the word guest and it is like she smirks while saying it.

"Well Kelsie, I will gladly let you show me to the appitezers as you had suggested. Since apparently it is an unspoken rule to have dessert last. Although, something tells me I can't wait to taste your desserts." The man smirks.

Why in the world did my name from his lips literally just erupt a wetness in my core? Or maybe it is how he spoke about the desserts?

"Well, please follow me over to the other side then. Once your ready I can assist you with dessert." My voice comes off a little more breathy than I can control.

Great! Not the time nor place, I am working.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Has the teasing started?

Guesses on who the man is? Even though we all figure it is the one and only...