14. On Your Toes

Valan and I picked out some nice looking steaks, but then froze with what the make with them

Valan and I picked out some nice looking steaks, but then froze with what the make with them. So now we will just cut the steak into strips and make a pasta out of it.

We have since got back to my house and just as the last item is in the pantry for the event Friday, the doorbell goes off.

"That still sounds so foreign in my own house. No one ever using it other than delivery people." I laugh.

"You have told Laken how many times to use the back door?" Valan laughs.

"Exactly, everything single time he has came over." I laugh with her and we walk to the front door.

Valan stands to the side and I open the door. There stands Laken and Aiden both. Aiden looks just as much of eye candy as he did at his event.

"Thanks for having us over Kelsie." Laken steps inside and kisses Valan the next second.

I drop my eyes before looking to Aiden.

"Come on in." I smile.

Aiden steps in and smirks at his friends.

"I brought this for you." Aiden holds a small bag up.

"Thank you." I take the bag.

"It is a red wine, that hopefully you will enjoy the taste of." He nods.

"I am not picky when it comes to alcohol I drink, only picky on it when it comes to cooking with it." I let a soft laugh out.

"Well, this will go magnificent with dinner. Just make yourself comfortable and I will get started on the food. The tv has a couple of different apps for anything you guys feel like watching." I smile and walk to the kitchen.

Wow! That probably sounded lame of me. Help yourself to the tv. Really Kels?

I hear when feet follow me and a moment later, arms wrap around me.

"Stop pep talking yourself. You're doing great. Just relax Kels." Valan whispers.

I look over my shoulder and smile. "Thanks." I whisper.

She nods once and lets go of my waist. I place the bag Aiden gave me on the counter.

"So is it good with you ladies if we sat here and watched you cook?" Laken strides over with Aiden, as they stand by the stools at the bar looking over the entire kitchen.

"Don't mind at all." I smile even though I want to smirk as Valans words come back to Aiden wants to see where the food is made.

"So if either of you need the bathroom, is the door on the left of living room." I point.

"It is a nice place you have here." Aiden looks around.

"Thanks. I never needed much room, and mainly just cared about the size of the kitchen." I laugh lightly.