58. Catering To

So the eggs retrieval went smoothly and didn't feel any pain thoughout that process

So the eggs retrieval went smoothly and didn't feel any pain thoughout that process. Although the medication made me apparently down right hilarious afterwards. Aiden has a video recording of me just giggling and snickering at everything once we were already parked at home.

I do remember it all but didn't realize he had a phone. It was also like I couldn't even stop. It got so bad that I remember laughing because our sofa is a cream color white which is down right ridiculous, but eventually I did fall asleep within probably ten minutes of being inside. Which I don't know if I ate dinner but Aiden claims I did and I trust him more than anything.

With my clothes on and my hair tied back, I bounce down the steps. My mood is light and happy for so many reasons. The embryo transfer is set for five days from now. Then I am cooking all day long again with my two best friends. Finally a day full of fun and baby snuggles with my nephew being here too.

It doesn't take long before I have a quick breakfast whipped up for Aiden and myself.

"Good morning, Cookie." Aiden's voice comes from the side of me.

"Good morning. It seemed weird waking up before you." I turn and smile at him.

Aiden walks over and kisses my lips. "That was very different with you waking up before me and out of bed already. I much prefer waking up before you."

"That is because you do like to cook breakfast."

"It is the best meal I can cook. Dinners is harder for me to make unless it is simple dishes but nothing to your levels."

"But you do great when we have been cooking together for dinner." I smile and put the plates on the table while Aiden gets the orange juice.

"That is because my wife tells me the steps needed if it is not the easiest of things." He chuckles. "I know the basics of meats and the common sides but these exotic or fancy dishes I can't do alone without a cookbook. Just so happens my wife is my personal cookbook."

"Darn straight." I smile.

We eat our food in comfortable conversation. His event is a month away now so I was seeing if the menu would be different from the last one. Aiden did ask my opinion because he does like a variety of different things to enjoy, so I told him I can make up a list and see what he thinks. Which seems to make him very happy because we are working together and I can agree with him.

Together we clean up breakfast and then Aiden kisses me before he leaves for the office.

I work on pulling out all the food needed to cook today when there is a knock on the back door. With a few steps over, I open it and see Val standing there just as Naida pulls up. Val turns and I walk out to help bring Joseph in along with the diaper bag. Val pulls the travel bassinet over to the corner where we could all see him easily through today when he isn't needing to be tended too. I lay him down since he has stayed asleep since I got him out of the carseat, giving him a little kiss on the head.

"Who is ready for today?" Val bounces.

"I certainly am!" Naida raises her hand and smiles wide.

"Well ladies today is a busy day for sure. Tomorrow we are catering to the local recovery efforts. It is something that we will not be paid for but volunteering, well I will pay you both and Kelvin since this is something I signed us up for. Since the original bookings will pick up in another three days from when we had canceled out too."

"You don't have to pay us. I want to help and give to charity especially if it helps bring more money in." Naida sits in a chair while Val and I do the same.

"I agree with Naida."

"That is very sweet but as the owner, I am still going to pay you guys." I smile. "Now the way the things is set up for tomorrow is the survivors will get free passes for the worst areas hit where they can come get food and items they need that are essentials by goodie bags made from the major companies which there is a list to go by for who gets in free. Then everyone else that wishes to come not working will buy tickets for food we have available and which all goes to the charity as well as any other donations taken tomorrow. This money will go towards home repairs, medical bills, and to families that lost it all."

Aiden and I both donated but there is still so much damage and costs. All our money went to the good but there is more needed and this is also a ways to bring many communities together all at the same time. It is horrible that such an event can make people bond but it is good to see everyone come together to help.

"That is nice to know they are doing that." Naida smiles. "I think there was a poster on it in Kelvin's music shop, but I didn't know that was the job we had."

I nod. "The owner of the grovery store had asked and I knew we had openings with it being four days before we officially started back. With the catering business back on its feet I agreed and knew you two wouldn't mind nor Bubs."

"So what all are we cooking up for tomorrow?" Val looks on the counter where I have pulled out some things.

"I figure some type of easy dessert that wouldn't get messy so cookies or brownies. Then for the main part we could do ham sliders, homemade chips, honey bar-b-que meatballs, and cream cheese sweet pepper bites."

"Sounds delicious. I will get the peppers sliced in half and the middles taken out." Val jumps up and washes.

"I will get to work on slices those buns in half and buttered on the inside to bake for a short time before we do the meat and cheese to finish cooking it." Naida smiles bright and gets right to washing after Val.

"Sounds like I am on cookie making." I smile and wash up last.

The three of us fall into our routine just like we always have. Even though I now live with Aiden and the kitchen is slightly different it doesn't mess with our system we have had. The only thing is sometimes opening the wrong door which makes us laugh and I point out the right door things are in.

In a way this feels even better than it did before.

We take turns checking on Joseph and he cries to be changed and feed back and forth. Together the three of us tend to the cooking and little Joseph with ease. This is one of the many things I live for and the happiness keeps flowing.