37. It Is Here

We were all working the event at the small flea market is being held today, when the main owner comes rushing out with one of those major white megaphone things

We were all working the event at the small flea market is being held today, when the main owner comes rushing out with one of those major white megaphone things. He announced that all the vendors to close down and if need be leave items there and to get home immediately due to the hurricane approaching so much faster than anyone could have guested.

Not only that but it bumped up from a level one to a level three. Valan and I are just swiping the food into the trash can behind us and throwing the platters into the box. Right now, we are not the least bit worried about them being cleaned properly. That can wait until a later time.

Kelvin comes up and starts throwing the boxes into my car since it would give Naida more room in the van with Kelvin, and Valan had her car today too. Kelvin and Naida rode in the van.

"You guys need to take the van and just go to your house. I will throw the rest of this in the back of my car." I call out to Kelvin over the chaos currently going on around us.

"No Kelsie. We need to help." Naida swipes food into the trash with Valan.

"No Naida. The first thing is to make sure Kelvin gets you and that precious nephew of mine safe in your home." I hug her and then push Kelvin to the van with Naida.

"Be careful sis. Get home quickly. Aiden called and I told him that we would be out of here within ten minutes." Kelvin rushes out.

I nod and throw more platters into the back of my car as I wave them off to leave.

"Val, you're next. Time to go home you live a little further out than I do." I take the platter with one hand and push her with the other.

"I can't leave you to do this alone." She tears up, with her hands shaking.

"Yes you can and Laken will panic. Go home and be safe driving. If you can't make it to your house then go to mine and give Laken a call."

Val hugs me and then runs to her car.

Within just six more minutes, I have the platters in the back of my car. Along with our three fold up tables broke down and put in the back.

The owner runs up and places the check in my hands.

"Thank you for coming. I am sorry this has happened. Be safe." He rushes.

"Thank you. I wasn't expecting to get paid."

"I will always pay the vendors and companies. Your's was the last check to hand out. Now drive safe, I don't have a shelter area here for anyone sadly. I must get home to my wife and kids." The older man smiles and takes off.

I get in my car and get out onto the road quickly. My phone rings and I hit the hands free device to put it on speaker.

'Hello?'

'Kelsie. Where are you?' Aiden's voice rings out through the speakers.

'I just got on the road and sent the others home before I did. Should be another thirty minutes before I get home, but traffic is almost at a stand still.' I slowly talk and try to keep my breathing calm, because panicking will get me nowhere.