32

At some point Ren had moved to face the others, most probable to answer one of their questions and had got entangled with some other story.

I wasn't bothered though as long as I was able to stay near her and watch her actions, how her face would change as a long forgotten memory reappeared.

Little did I know my brother had finally noticed my apparent fascinating for the woman next to me.

And although only warily staying in a begining, trying to judge my intentions, he was now fully and creepily smirking at me.

I almost jumped out of my skin when his hand reached for my shoulder, and of course my unconscious reaction was to form a protective shield around Ren, invisible to the mortal eye but sadly visible to Thor.

That idiot dared laugh mumbling something about me being worse than whipped cream?

"So brother, when do you intend to act upon your...fascination?"

He knew well enough not to mention romantic feelings directly but I wasn't stupid and knew exactly what he meant.

"There is no fascination."

I tried to make my words sound sure and convinced but apparently it was no use and Thor was head bent on proving it.

"Lady Ren didn't you speak of my brothers cheekbones as illegal, was it? How come?!"

That oaf was acting dumb but of course Ren in her scramble of emotions fell for it. Moving to once again look at me she did something that made me freeze completely unable to react in any way.

Unlike when she first commented on my facial features this time my previous soulmate decided to get a better look to be able to explain furthermore.

And so she was now holding my chin in her hand tilting it up to look at her as she sat up on her knees leaning down towards me.

I could definitely tell my hears where starting to blush purple and so could my brother but she didn't seem to .

Her hands moved, her left hand right beneath my ear slightly caressing my jaw as she held it tilted towards herself, her other hand had moved to my cheeks. Pointer finger tracing my cheekbone as she explained whatever the words coming out of her moving mouth meant, when she was done tracing my jaw her thumb laid lazily over my lower lip and oh how bad I wished to lick it. Perhaps just to drag her into a kiss?

Somehow Ren turned away once again and continued talking to the avengers as I stayed there, jaw slack and body unnerved as my mind raised to light speed.

"Soooo...no sentiment or fascination at all you say?"

I almost snarled at him, not knowing whether to be angry or embarrassed by my own actions.

"Perhaps but I will not act upon it"

This made him smile most probably proud of himself.

"You should though, neither of you have found your soulmate's and I believe it would do you good to relax"