63

"And now I'll ask you this, has she ever lied brother about her opinion on you?"

His words made me pause and I looked away.

"No"

Thor sighted calming down and reaching out to my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me.

"Do you truly give yourself so little appreciation?"

Answering his question right now seemed physically impossible. And it's not like I even knew what to answer so instead I changed the subject once again.

"She might...care, but how could she ever love me? And please don't try to convince me otherwise, that is a fact, as is that I could only last so long, with her only 'caring' for me"

The pity in my brothers eyes was painful, so I took the only resort I had left to relieve or in this case forget the pain, serving myself more liquor.

"I only ever know what and how she's truly feeling when she sings, which has been happening less and less since I met her...wish that was a good sign!"

There was a moment of silence until my brother looked away.

"Before I came here I heard the lady Pepper speaking of taking lady Ren out, a girls night out they called it, so you might hear her"

I could hear the hopeful smile in his voice but one look at me whipped it away. These where the moment's I most missed mother, I wish I could visit, but that would also mean seeing Odin.

Sighting Thor moved his hand to my shoulder once against.

"I know not how to explain it to you anymore brother. If you wish to stay blinded then so be it! But trust the judgement of the norns, you both weren't paired for no reason"

Giving my shoulder one last pat Thor got up and left. Swimming deep in thoughts I stretched out my legs from my seat running a hand soothingly through my hair.

Maybe Thor was right, we might've been connected for a reason, but this wouldn't stop me from ruining it like every other good relationship I've ever had.

My breath was slow but shaky tears falling slowly down my cheeks. I know not when they truly stopped falling, or if I made a single sound as torrents of tears fell down, my body attempting to exteriorize my feelings.

I felt weak and powerless, because let's be honest. What was I to do except give her space and hope she'd eventually reach for me again even if as a teammate?!

Track of time is lost to me although I'm able to hear a commotion outside in the corridor, most likely extremely early in the morning but I decide to ignore it and go back to sleep.

I remember no dreams although for a long time, before the commotion, I could hear song after song through the soulmate link. Only the songs weren't those Ren would typically listen to, I imagine she must have gone somewhere.

When the morning came I was in no mood of socializing but I found myself dragged to the kitchens by my brother.