62

"You really do enjoy watching me suffer, don't you?!"

I speak without raising my glance off the glass, the slight movements of my wrist making the liquor swirl.

Thor's chuckle reached me though as though he found my words funny.

"I don't, brother, another reason why I am here. Whatever it is, is clearly bothering you to a dangerous level, I do not want to see you in that state again!"

With another large sip of my drink I let the glass rest on the small coffee table besides us. Perhaps it had been decades, since we last chatted in such a way, calmly around a glass of hale.

Bringing a hand to the bridge of my nose I sight.

"Lady Ren is my soulmate."

Immediately his reaction is heard, a loud bellowed laugh that almost had him bursting to tears and clapping his hands.

"But that's wonderful! Not much of a suprise at this point, but most certainly wonderful."

Another sight escaped me my eyes still closed trying to get some rest.

"It's not, Thor, she doesn't know and never will. Specially considering how it's going"

Thor sighted exasperated as if I was the one acting like an idiot.

"Now I'LL be the judge of that if you only explain what actually happened instead of her weak made up excuse"

Explaining everything to him wasn't something I enjoyed that's for sure. But to give him credit the idiot did manage to keep a fairly straight face throughout my explanation, which sadly only manage to make me more nervous and frustrated.

By now I'm standing moving my hands around as I explain each and every reason she much have for hating me.

I seemed to be getting more and more creative in my reasoning the more I spoke, but they all made sense! More or less...

After going out of breath in my continues explanations Thor finally spoke still looking completely blazed.

"What I still don't get, brother dearest..."

Why do I feel like I'm about to get grounded? Norns this hasn't happened for centuries, me getting lectured by Thor. Perhaps since Sif's hair 'accident'.

"Is why by all norns does she not know you're her soulmate yet?!"

A scoff left me, that was the most obvious part.

"I just explained that! She will certainly hate me, EVEN MORE than she already does. I mean who'd want me as a soulmate?"

Thor's face was no longer emotionless he just looked completely shocked and confused.

"Truly you must be blind. By father's beard! LOKI, SHE HAS BEEN CLAIMING YOU'RE AMAZING SINCE SHE ARRIVED!"

I was growing more and more frustrated by this chat and our voices where getting louder and louder, thank the noise canceling spells.

"Well she must obviously be lying, acting for the sake of annoying the avengers in a begining and is now forced to stick to her lies!"

Thor looked like he would soon pop a vein.

"You can't be serious, brother. Loki you're the God of lies might I remind you YOU WOULD KNOW IF SHE LIED!"