56

"I um...you I-I..."

The heat of embarrassed was quickly spreading over me and most likely showing signs fisically as Loki's amusement seemed to grow. He'd stopped leaning in and so had I instinctively, problem was we where now only a breath away.

The more I thought of it the more my alarms started blasting. Fuck no I'm not ready! It's one thing to dream and play around, a completely different one would be to act.

Nope I, no! Just no, I can't, I fisically can't. I'll surely be shit and God's my breath is probably horrible, I'm not ready mentally I might as well pass out.

This was my first kiss with a guy ,not to even speak of the idea that I was about to kiss a god, a prince, a freaking God!

Nope I-I not, I can't.

So, probably looking like I'm completely out of my mind, I turn my head away to the side one hand moving to cover my mouth. My face continued to heat up, more vigorously now and I felt like the ground swallowing me would've been the best solution to all of my problems.

My eyes stang with tears as anxiety overtook me.

I was an asshole, I can't believe I just did that, why would I even move he surely wasn't about to kiss some mortal girl! This is all just dumb, I'm dumb I can't believe I even thought for a second that he'd...

Can't he just insult me, cuss me out, treat me poorly whatever he wants but move away! I just can't, I'm unable to deal with him being so sweet, so annoying and playful all at once and then do this.

I was no longer leaning on my elbows but laying down on the couch Loki still over me, never having looked more confused, his hands besides my body holding him up.

My other hand had also moved to cover my face as realizations continued to drown me.

I had a soulmate, he had a soulmate this couldn't happened, no I was definitely out of my mind this wasn't supposed to happen. None of this was supposed to happen!

Someone must've walked in as I felt Loki get pulled away along with yelling.

Whoever that was, wasn't the only one soon they moved me too, siting me correctly one the couch and gently prying my hands away from my face.

Tears were slowly flowing down, not in an uncontrolled desperate or terrified manner just a silent cry of acceptance as I knew for a fact me and Loki's friendship was done.

I was apparently unable to understand signs anymore and my brain twisted them in my favour, to make it seem like he could actually like me.

I'd almost tried to kiss him, there was no hiding it! And I'd flirted with him shamefully knowing he had a soulmate one he was already head over heals for from the way he spoke of her...

I couldn't, no I wouldn't come in between that!